Shop The Look: The Royal Treatment
All roads lead to prints for Spring ’14, but the fall season is all about luxury. Our tip for a rich yet modern update? Take a cue from seventeenth-century Europe, where crushed velvet, gold beadwork, shimmering brocades, and moody hues reigned. Wear head-to-toe embellishments for a regal approach à la Marie Antoinette, or go the modern route and pair a luxe jeweled top with your favorite jeans. Shop our favorite baroque pieces by Alexander McQueen, Balmain, and more, below.
1. Reece Hudson bondage minaudière, $1,295, available at www.barneys.com
2. Oscar de la Renta gold-plated crystal clip earrings, $465, available at www.net-a-porter.com
3. J.Crew Jemima embellished merino wool top, $995, available at www.net-a-porter.com
4. Alexander McQueen embroidered velvet pumps, $995, available at www.net-a-porter.com
5. Balmain metallic jacquard pants, $2,910, available at www.net-a-porter.com