Everything old is new again—including heirloom-worthy pearls. No longer reserved for prim sweater sets and Easter brunch, pearls have gotten a forward-thinking makeover for Spring. Forgo classic stud earrings in favor of surrealist pumps, an embellished minaudière, or a playful belt. A hint of irony takes this look from “traditional” to anything but. Shop our favorite pearly pieces by Nicholas Kirkwood, Alexander McQueen, and more, below.
1. Alexander McQueen faux-pearl-embellished knitted dress, $2,915, available at net-a-porter.com.
2. Adia Kibur faux-pearl cluster bracelet, $50, available at shopbop.com.
3. Lanvin crystal-and-Swarovski-pearl belt, $2,780, available at net-a-porter.com.
4. Alexander McQueen black leather Fishscale Pearl Skull Box Clutch, $2,085, available at ssense.com.
5. Nicholas Kirkwood pearl-trimmed suede pumps, $889, available at matchesfashion.com.