Runway to Red Carpet: Sparkles Galore and a Courageous Katniss-------
While the subtle sparkle of diamonds is often the finishing touch on a red-carpet look, a few of the best ensembles of the week were doused with glittering crystals. Elizabeth Banks continued to hit the sartorial nail on the head as The Hunger Games: Catching Fire tour came to a close in New York on Wednesday. She shimmered in a bedazzled black ensemble from Jenny Packham’s Fall ’13 runway. The same evening in Las Vegas, Kate Bosworth chose a scintillating Spring ’14 Fendi frock completely covered in geometric Swarovski crystals for the premiere of her new film, Homefront.
Before finishing its whirlwind press tour in New York, Catching Fire held a star-studded premiere in Los Angeles on Monday, which brought out notables including Kiernan Shipka, Zoë Kravitz, and Sarah Hyland. Shipka charmed in a black silk sleeveless blouse and skirt embroidered with green and blue floral beading from Miu Miu’s Spring ’14 collection, and Kravitz opted for a Balenciaga Spring ’14 LBD with a wide neckline and buttons up the side. The nod for best dressed of the evening goes to the film’s leading lady, Jennifer Lawrence, in a daring sheer Dior Fall ’13 Couture gown with a full skirt over a strapless black bodysuit. We appreciate that Katniss is as fearless on the red carpet as she is in the arena.
tags: Balenciaga, Christian Dior, Elizabeth Banks, Hunger Games, Jenifer Lawrence, Jenny Packham, Kate Bosworth, Katniss Everdeen, Kiernan Shipka, Miu Miu, Runway to Red Carpet, Sarah Hyland, Swarovski, Zoe Kravitz
- What to Buy This Weekend: Labor Day Designer Steals
- Abercrombie Loses the Logo, Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress Details, and More of the News You Missed Today
- EXCLUSIVE: Barbie’s New Designer Looks by Rebecca Taylor, Tess Giberson, and More
- Get Inked: 10 Models Show Off Their Tattoos
- Mary Katrantzou Liberates the Letter Sweater
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more