Runway to Red Carpet: Art Basel’s Fashionable Fetes and a Few High-Low Mash-ups-------
While Art Basel Miami Beach is technically an art show, it’s best known for being a place where the fashion, art, and celebrity sets collide to rage all week long. The party circuit kicked into full gear on Wednesday night with a host of soirees, including dinners hosted by Louis Vuitton and Swarovski that brought out notables such as supermodels Karolina Kurkova and Cindy Crawford. The latter chose a Roberto Cavalli body-con dress patterned with baroque swirls and a tweed print for the Vuitton fete, while Kurkova opted for a red long-sleeve David Koma Fall ’13 dress with nude mesh detailing on the neckline and sleeves at the Swarovski dinner. The following day, Louis Vuitton’s Fall campaign face, Michelle Williams, donned a full Vuitton look for the brand’s beach barbecue, layering a navy sweater over a red-and-white striped dress.
Across the pond, Kate Middleton mixed highs and lows on the red carpet, pairing a sparkling Zara necklace with a cream long-sleeve Roland Mouret gown at Thursday’s royal premiere of Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom in London. As the credits rolled, the Duchess of Cambridge joined Nelson Mandela’s daughters and the film’s cast and crew in paying tribute to the revolutionary leader, who passed as the film was being screened.
On Tuesday, Keira Knightley made a return to the red carpet for London’s Serious Fun gala, stepping out in a dress we’ve seen her in several times before—including at her wedding this past spring. For this outing, she added sheer sleeves with embroidery at the wrists and neckline to make it more appropriate for the city’s chilly weather.
tags: Art Basel Miami Beach, Chanel, Cindy Crawford, Karolina Kurkova, Kate Middleton, Keira Knightley, Louis Vuitton, Michelle Williams, Nelson Mandela, Roberto Cavalli, Roland Mouret, Runway to Red Carpet, Swarovski, Zara
- Abercrombie Loses the Logo, Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress Details, and More of the News You Missed Today
- EXCLUSIVE: Barbie’s New Designer Looks by Rebecca Taylor, Tess Giberson, and More
- Get Inked: 10 Models Show Off Their Tattoos
- Mary Katrantzou Liberates the Letter Sweater
- Kendall on Yesterday’s Last-Name Buzz: “I Can’t Believe It’s Actually Becoming a Story”
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more