Runway to Red Carpet: Holiday Cheer and an Unstoppable Queen-------
While most of the celebrity set took a break from the red carpet to celebrate the holidays, a few A-listers stepped out in their sartorial best for both intimate seasonal fetes and special happenings this week. On the holiday-party front, Jessica Chastain attended the Audi Celebrates the Holidays and Snow Polo event in Aspen last Saturday in a long-sleeve black Emilio Pucci frock with lace detailing on the bodice. On Christmas Day, the Duchess of Cambridge paired a small green Gina Foster hat with a blue-and-green tartan coat by her favorite designer, Alexander McQueen, for mass with the royal family in Sandringham, England. The following day, Rose Byrne made a splash in a water-printed Dion Lee Resort ’14 dress at a Boxing Day shopping event in Sydney.
With the American awards season nearly here, China hosted its biennial Huabiao Film Awards on Thursday in Beijing, where Ziyi Zhang accepted the best actress trophy in a long black lace gown embellished with brightly colored details from Valentino’s Spring ’14 runway. On Saturday evening, Beyoncé rocked Tom Ford at the release party and screening for her new self-titled album in New York. Her Spring ’14 minidress was covered with fractured black mirrors. Naturally, she paired it with matching thigh-high boots. While the album was quietly released without warning, it bowed as Billboard’s No. 1 a few days after its debut, proving that anything Queen Bey touches turns to gold—or, in her record’s case, platinum.
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more