Runway to Red Carpet: Holiday Cheer and an Unstoppable Queen-------
While most of the celebrity set took a break from the red carpet to celebrate the holidays, a few A-listers stepped out in their sartorial best for both intimate seasonal fetes and special happenings this week. On the holiday-party front, Jessica Chastain attended the Audi Celebrates the Holidays and Snow Polo event in Aspen last Saturday in a long-sleeve black Emilio Pucci frock with lace detailing on the bodice. On Christmas Day, the Duchess of Cambridge paired a small green Gina Foster hat with a blue-and-green tartan coat by her favorite designer, Alexander McQueen, for mass with the royal family in Sandringham, England. The following day, Rose Byrne made a splash in a water-printed Dion Lee Resort ’14 dress at a Boxing Day shopping event in Sydney.
With the American awards season nearly here, China hosted its biennial Huabiao Film Awards on Thursday in Beijing, where Ziyi Zhang accepted the best actress trophy in a long black lace gown embellished with brightly colored details from Valentino’s Spring ’14 runway. On Saturday evening, Beyoncé rocked Tom Ford at the release party and screening for her new self-titled album in New York. Her Spring ’14 minidress was covered with fractured black mirrors. Naturally, she paired it with matching thigh-high boots. While the album was quietly released without warning, it bowed as Billboard’s No. 1 a few days after its debut, proving that anything Queen Bey touches turns to gold—or, in her record’s case, platinum.
- EXCLUSIVE: Scott Sternberg Spills About Canceling His Spring ’15 Show
- Yohji Yamamoto Makes Us Want to Be a Part of This Soccer Team, Chelsea Handler Goes Out With a Bang, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Claire Goldsmith Keeps It in the Family
- Dressing for Fame: Kemal Harris, Stylist to Robin Wright and Idina Menzel, on Making Sure Her Clients Never Show Up Naked
- Humberto Leon Weighs In on Natasha Lyonne’s Custom OC Emmy Awards Dress
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more