Runway to Red Carpet: ‘Tis the Season for Parties, Premieres, and a Christmas Spectacular-------
With Christmas less than a week away, the celebrity set’s calendars are brimming with holiday parties that call for lots of glitz and glamour. On Sunday Anna Kendrick hosted TNT’s annual Christmas in Washington spectacular, which brought out notables including Sheryl Crow and even the First Family. Kendrick chose an ivory velvet J. Mendel gown with a strapless V-cut bodice for the event, while FLOTUS opted for a tailored white Resort ’13 J. Mendel jacket embroidered with silver and a white pleated skirt.
On the party circuit, Florence Welch attended Love magazine’s Christmas party on Tuesday in London in sheer black lace pants and a capelike top from Marios Schwab’s Spring ’14 runway. Miley Cyrus took to the red carpet on Friday evening for New York’s Jingle Ball concert, pairing a Spring ’14 MM6 Maison Martin Margiela sleeveless tuxedo blouse with Maison Martin Margiela Fall ’13 black high-waisted pants with yellow stripes painted down the sides.
While most businesses are closed on Christmas Day, it has become tradition for a handful of blockbusters to hit theaters. (What better way to entertain yourself after opening that sweater from Grandma?) Among this year’s buzzed-about December 25 releases is August: Osage County, starring A-listers Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep. The duo posed on the red carpet together during Monday’s L.A. premiere, with Roberts in a tuxedo-inspired Givenchy ensemble and Streep sporting a white knee-length Gucci wool frock.
tags: Anna Kendrick, August: Osage County, Givenchy, Gucci, Julia Roberts, Maison Martin Margiela, Marios Schwab, Meryl Streep, Michelle Obama, Miley Cyrus, MM6 Maison Martin Margiela, Runway to Red Carpet
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more