Runway to Red Carpet: Elegant Award Shows and a Dressed-Down Film Fest-------
Between the continued Awards Season craze and the laid-back glam of the Sundance Film Festival, the celebrity set had plenty of red-carpet moments this week. America’s new darling (fashion and otherwise) Lupita Nyong’o and Helen Mirren, who both picked up trophies at Saturday’s Screen Actors Guild Awards, strutted their stuff at the Producers Guild Awards the following evening. Nyong’o chose a figure-hugging Stella McCartney dress with an asymmetrical shoulder, while Mirren opted for a long-sleeved silver Fall ’13 Elie Saab gown embroidered with crystals. The ladies were joined on Sunday’s red carpet by Nyong’o's 12 Years a Slave castmate Sarah Paulson, who donned a sequined Marc Jacobs frock with floral embellishments from the designer’s memorable Spring ’14 runway.
While many celebrities opt for the casual sweater-and-jeans look during the chilly Sundance Film Festival, actresses Elizabeth Banks and Brit Marling’s red-carpet appearances struck the perfect balance between comfort and glamour. Banks paired a black-and-white grid-patterned Spring ’14 Ralph Lauren dress with black knee-high boots for an event on Tuesday, and Marling chose a black Proenza Schouler pantsuit with chalk-white details from the brand’s Spring ’14 lineup at the premiere of I Origins on Saturday. Marling continued to be a red-carpet highlight throughout the week, stepping out in Christopher Kane and Mulberry at another pair of events. No doubt, this duo is upping the festival’s sartorial game.
tags: Brit Marling, Christopher Kane, Elie Saab, Elizabeth Banks, Helen Mirren, Lupita Nyong'o, Marc Jacobs, Mulberry, Proenza Schouler, Ralph Lauren, Sarah Paulson, Stella McCartney, Sundance Film Festival
- EXCLUSIVE: Scott Sternberg Spills About Canceling His Spring ’15 Show
- Yohji Yamamoto Makes Us Want to Be a Part of This Soccer Team, Chelsea Handler Goes Out With a Bang, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Claire Goldsmith Keeps It in the Family
- Dressing for Fame: Kemal Harris, Stylist to Robin Wright and Idina Menzel, on Making Sure Her Clients Never Show Up Naked
- Humberto Leon Weighs In on Natasha Lyonne’s Custom OC Emmy Awards Dress
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more