Runway to Red Carpet: Ringing in the New Year with Old Friends and New Leaders-------
On New Year’s Eve, the celebrity set went out in full force to ring in 2014, and many A-listers took to Instagram to let us in on the fun—and show off their designer duds. Beyoncé donned a black-and-gold tiger-print Versace button-down to toast the new year at the Versace mansion in Miami, where she partied with her Destiny’s Child ladies, as well as with her supermodel costar from her new video, “Yoncé.” Jourdan Dunn, who strutted alongside Queen Bey in the flick, hit Versace’s dance floor in a sheer black-and-white, contour-hugging Marios Schwab gown from his Spring ’14 runway.
Actress Kaley Cuoco started off 2014 with a bang by tying the knot on New Year’s Eve in Southern California. Cuoco wed tennis pro Ryan Sweeting in an unconventional petal pink Vera Wang tulle ball gown with gathered detailing on the bodice and appliqué Chantilly lace accents.
Wednesday saw a new year and a new mayor for New York City. At Bill de Blasio’s inauguration, his wife and NYC’s First Lady, Chirlane McCray, as well as their daughter, Chiara de Blasio, showed support for New York’s garment industry by wearing looks from local designer Nanette Lepore. McCray paired a raspberry coat with the colorful Wonderland dress, and Chiara opted for a velvet leopard-print jacket.
- What to Buy This Weekend: Labor Day Designer Steals
- Abercrombie Loses the Logo, Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress Details, and More of the News You Missed Today
- EXCLUSIVE: Barbie’s New Designer Looks by Rebecca Taylor, Tess Giberson, and More
- Get Inked: 10 Models Show Off Their Tattoos
- Mary Katrantzou Liberates the Letter Sweater
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more