Runway to Red Carpet: Sequins in Sydney and a Christopher Kane Double Dip-------
After several weeks of ongoing award shows, the Hollywood set conceded the spotlight to the music biz at Sunday’s Grammy Awards. The evening prior to the big event, several stars partied in style at pre-Grammy soirees. Rihanna paired a striped Spring ’14 Altuzarra blouse with a thigh-high-slit skirt at the Roc Nation pre-Grammy brunch. Miley Cyrus, meanwhile, topped a white satin slipdress with Calvin Klein Collection’s cozy pink Pre-Fall ’14 shearling coat at a pre-Grammy party in Beverly Hills.
Christopher Kane’s banded Resort ’14 frock has proven to be a very popular red-carpet choice, with Jennifer Hudson and Lara Stone joining the list of notables (including Chloë Grace Moretz and Lupita Nyong’o) who have donned versions of the look. Hudson wore the off-the-shoulder dress for Clive Davis’ pre-Grammy gala on Saturday, and Stone paired the crewneck iteration with a blazer for the Radio Times party in London on Tuesday.
Then, of course, there’s Cate Blanchett, who’s been pulling out all the sartorial stops of late. Last night at the AACTA Awards ceremony in Sydney, the actress radiated glamour in a plunging chocolate sequined Spring ’14 gown by her tried-and-true favorite, Givenchy.
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more