Shop the Look: Dark Romance-------
Even though most of our favorite retailers began stocking the Spring ’14 collections weeks ago, we knew better than to get too excited. While we’re certainly keeping a mental list of next season’s best purchases, it’s safe to assume that, thanks to these subzero temperatures, we won’t get to wear them for quite a while. On the other hand, the thought of cycling through the same jackets and sweaters we’ve been donning since September isn’t very inspiring either. To give your wardrobe a quick reboot—and prepare for the (painfully slow) transition into spring—try any combination of dark floral prints. Black-based florals look fresh, unexpected, and moody. The best part? They work from day to night, making your usual evening outfit switch totally unnecessary. Shop our favorite dark florals from Givenchy, Erdem, Moschino Cheap And Chic, and more, below.
1. Erdem Jade floral-print napa leather biker jacket, $5,100, available at net-a-porter.com
2. Moschino Cheap And Chic daisy-print straight-leg pants, $459.68, available at net-a-porter.com
3. Byredo Fleur Fantome scented candle, $80, available at net-a-porter.com
4. Tory Burch flower-cluster mini bag, $295, available at shopbop.com
5. Givenchy floral-print leather pumps, $620, available at net-a-porter.com