Shop the Look: Neutrals for Now (and Later)
It isn’t lost on anyone that the retail schedule is a little crazy. While most of us still have salt caked on our boots from the Polar Vortex, our favorite stores are already beginning to stock the summer collections. And come February, our attention will be turned toward the Fall ’14 shows—long before spring has even sprung. But what’s a girl to do when she feels like she needs a wardrobe refresh (and who doesn’t in mid-January?) but can’t quite fathom buying a slinky slipdress just yet? Our solution is olive-tinged wares. The hue is truly seasonless, and looks just right with subdued taupes and golds. Pair it with your go-to sweaters and boots right now, then mix in your spring whites and pastels when the weather warms up. Shop our favorite olive pieces by Nina Ricci, Bottega Veneta, and more, below.
1. Bottega Veneta embellished stretch-silk dress, $4,000, available at net-a-porter.com
2. Nina Ricci “Ballet” suede and leather shoulder bag, $2,350, available at net-a-porter.com
3. The Row leather sunglasses, $430, available at shopbop.com
4. Stila magnificent metals foil finish eye shadow in Vintage Black Gold, $32, available at sephora.com
5. Giuseppe Zanotti Design “Coline” chain-embellished leather sandals, $1,050, available at net-a-porter.com