Leandra Medine Really Loves Fashion Week-------
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week New York kicks off this Wednesday and marks the beginning of the month of shows that will follow in London, Milan, and Paris. It’s exhilarating, but it can be a little chaotic, too, so much so that sometimes we forget just how great the four fashion weeks—not to mention those who participate in them—really are. This season, Mercedes-Benz launches its ongoing Fashion Creatives series, and its first subject, Man Repeller’s Leandra Medine, is a die-hard NYFW fan.
The day-in-the-life-style video, which debuts exclusively here, follows the blogger around her hometown of New York, pausing at all her favorite spots, like Jack’s Wife Freda, McNally Jackson bookstore, and, of course, a few boutiques.
“I really love fashion week—I’m not one to ever complain about it. I love seeing people I haven’t seen in a while, and I love seeing what other women are wearing,” Medine told Style.com. Her enthusiasm is genuine—and infectious. Since she missed Thursday, Friday, and Saturday last season due to Rosh Hashanah, Medine is looking forward to seeing Jason Wu, Altuzarra, and Peter Som. “I’m also very excited about my friend Rosie [Assoulin]‘s presentation on Monday,” Medine added. “She is such a visionary.”
In the event that New York is still plagued by the Polar Vortex come Wednesday, Medine has a foolproof sartorial formula. “For the past two weeks I’ve been wearing leggings under all of my jeans,” she told us. “Or with skirts, I’ll wear two pairs of tights and socks, then a tank top, a long-sleeved shirt and a sweater, and then a coat over that,” she continued. “But it’s usually so hot in all of the venues that I’m sure I’ll walk outside and won’t even want to wear a coat at all!”
For more information and behind-the-scenes coverage, visit www.mercedes-benz.com/fashion.
- First Karl, Now Cannes: Creatives Can’t Get Enough of the Old West
- Runway to Red Carpet: Dress Hems Are on the Rise
- Required Reading: Parsons The New School for Design Releases Its First Book
- Regarding Susan Sontag: A New Doc on Her Force of Personality and Brainpower
- #CookingWithZac: Zac Posen’s Passover Chocolate Mousse With Hazelnut Oil
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more