Shop The Look: Block Party
Spring may not be right around the corner, but we’re hoping our shopping habits will send out some warm weather vibes. Color blocking was all over the Spring ’14 runways, seen on whisper-thin layers at Theyskens’ Theory to splashy neoprene at Tommy Hilfiger, and we can’t wait to wear it this season. Clashing, ultra-bright hues feel sculptural on simple shapes, and there’s no denying the effortless, throw-on-and-go possibilities of a color block sweatshirt or skirt. Even if you opt for a subtler approach–say, blingy earrings or a pair of standout shoes–the result is undoubtedly fun. Shop our favorite color block pieces from Nicholas Kirkwood, Stella McCartney, Kenzo, and more, below.
1. Stella McCartney color-block cashmere sweater, $1,040, available at net-a-porter.com
2. Kenzo “Kalifornia” color-block leather clutch, $250, available at modaoperandi.com
3. Nicholas Kirkwood snakeskin, suede, and patent leather platform sandals, $955, available at modaoperandi.com
4. Dannijo “Cruz” earrings, $260, available at shopbop.com
5. Ostwald Helgason green and mint double-face skirt, $735, available at ssense.com