Shop The Look: Different Strokes-------
Minimalism will always be chic in our book, but the Spring ’14 shows and Pre-Fall ’14 collections had a maximalist twist. Artsy patterns, tribal embellishments, over-the-top furs, and gleaming metallics made us want to kick our simpler ensembles to the curb. A particularly appealing trend was zigzag patterns – on sweatshirts, shoes, jewelry, you name it. It’s an easy way to incorporate a graphic print into your wardrobe without succumbing to blinding hues or clashing prints. Add a subtle edge to your look with a bold clutch or unconventional denim, or go all-out with multi-colored, eye-catching sandals. Shop our favorite zigzag pieces below from Sophia Webster, Pierre Hardy, Etre Cecile, and more, below.
1. Être Cécile “Galactica” jersey long-sleeve sweatshirt, $148.50, available at my-wardrobe.com
2. Pierre Hardy striped leather clutch, $1,695, available at net-a-porter.com
3. Étoile Isabel Marant “Nea” printed mid-rise boyfriend jeans, $340, available at net-a-porter.com
4. Jennifer Fisher “XL Pulse” ring, $220, available at otteny.com
5. Sophia Webster “Leilou” striped leather, suede, and canvas sandals, $595, available at net-a-porter.com