Runway to Red Carpet: Rihanna (Also Other Stars) Steal the Front-Row Spotlight-------
When it came to star sightings, the front rows at the Fall ’14 shows gave the Oscars a run for its money. The celebrity set came out strong this fashion season, supporting the designers who dress them for so many of their red-carpet moments. Lupita Nyong’o, who brought home an Academy Award this past weekend, was spotted in the front rows of Miu Miu and Calvin Klein Collection, both of which helped her top best-dressed lists during her promo tour for 12 Years a Slave, as well as the awards season. At Miu Miu, she turned up in a burgundy jacket with an embellished collar by the label and a light pink miniskirt, while for Calvin Klein Collection, she donned a pale knit dress from Pre-Fall ’14. Jason Wu’s debut at Hugo Boss in New York also brought out a bevy of stars, including Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, and Diane Kruger, who led the standing ovation at the show’s close.
Notables were also spotted in the front row of Burberry Prorsum‘s London show, a favorite among Hollywood’s elite. Naomie Harris looked on in a long, navy velvet devoré and a green gown. In Milan, Jeremy Scott’s first runway show for Moschino brought out celebs known for their playful fashion choices. Rita Ora and Katy Perry were among the front-row dwellers in looks from the Pre-Fall ’14 lineup.
Despite all of the big names who attended the Paris shows (including Jared Leto, Keira Knightley, and Kanye West), all eyes were on Rihanna. RiRi stole the spotlight, turning up at all of the biggest shows like Chanel, Dior, Givenchy, Miu Miu, Lanvin, and Stella McCartney, just to name a few. While it’s difficult to choose a highlight from her flawless arsenal of looks, we were particularly taken by the Melitta Baumeister, Hyein Seo, and Adam Selman mash-up she wore to Comme des Garçons; her gray peplum jacket and fur shrug at Lanvin; and the sexy LBD she paired with stockings and a cherry Pre-Fall ’14 mink coat at Dior. She was a street-style photographer’s dream from start to finish.
tags: Adam Selman, Burberry, Calvin Klein, Chanel, Diane Kruger, Dior, Givenchy, Gwyneth Paltrow, Hyein Seo, Jason Wu, Kanye West, Katy Perry, Lupita Nyong'o, Melitta Baumeister, Miu Miu, Moschino, Reese Witherspoon, Rita Ora, Runway to Red Carpet
- EXCLUSIVE: Scott Sternberg Spills About Canceling His Spring ’15 Show
- Yohji Yamamoto Makes Us Want to Be a Part of This Soccer Team, Chelsea Handler Goes Out With a Bang, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Claire Goldsmith Keeps It in the Family
- Dressing for Fame: Kemal Harris, Stylist to Robin Wright and Idina Menzel, on Making Sure Her Clients Never Show Up Naked
- Humberto Leon Weighs In on Natasha Lyonne’s Custom OC Emmy Awards Dress
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more