Runway to Red Carpet: Spring Has Sprung on the Celeb Circuit-------
While the temperatures dropped in New York this week, pastels and florals on the celeb circuit made us hopeful that spring is just around the corner. On Wednesday, Elle Fanning looked decidedly grown up in a light blue, belly-baring Wes Gordon Fall ’14 sheath at the 25 Most Powerful Stylists luncheon in L.A. Later that evening, Emmy Rossum braved New York’s chilly temps in a strapless Carolina Herrera Pre-Fall ’14 ball gown with a blue floral print for Art Production Fund’s White Glove Gone Wild gala.
On the premiere circuit, blush tones were the color of choice. Style maven Tilda Swinton attended the L.A. screening of her new film, Only Lovers Left Alive, on Monday in a fringed cream jacket and skirt from Valentino’s Spring ’14 Haute Couture runway. The same night, Jennifer Connelly looked statuesque in a pale Givenchy Fall ’09 Haute Couture gown with pink embellishments for the Mexico City premiere of her new film, Noah. Kristen Bell stepped onto the red carpet on Wednesday in a strapless pink silk J. Mendel Pre-Fall ’14 gown with a high slit for the L.A. premiere of Veronica Mars. The fresh colors and skin-baring frocks made a strong argument for us to shed our coats and embrace spring. Now if only the snow would stop falling in New York.
- Innocence Found: 1 Granary Debuts Its Impressive Second Issue
- Tom Ford Challenges Nicolas Ghesquière and Hedi Slimane, Drake Delivers His Belated VMA Acceptance Speech, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Legends of the Court: Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Team Up to Make Sneaker History
- EXCLUSIVE: Matches Fashion Unveils Its Third Issue of The Style Report
- Swedes Do It Better: Altewaisaome and Sun Buddies Collaborate for Spring ’15
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more