Shop the Look: Good Jeans-------
When it comes to denim dressing, Spring ’14 is all about the patch. If, like us, you still regret those unfortunate hippie-dippy patched-up flares from middle school, this probably doesn’t sound like your cup of tea. But the new (and improved) patchwork look is clean, sharply tailored, and, dare we say, pretty slick. Picture tricolor patchwork skinnies with a floaty blouse, or better yet, a quiet, matching denim jacket. To nail the trend with ease, stick to classic shades of blue and look for patterns that resemble large color-blocking rather than traditional DIY patches. It’s unclear whether we should credit Junya Watanabe’s Spring ’14 show or Midwestern farmers for the rise of this style, but one thing’s for sure: We like it. Shop our favorite new blues by Frame Denim, Isabel Marant Étoile, Pierre Hardy, and more, below.
1. Thierry Lasry Sexxxy sunglasses in navy, $435, available at shopbop.com
2. Frame Denim Le Skinny color block mid-rise skinny jeans, $270, available at net-a-porter.com
3. Isabel Marant Étoile Kerlen denim jacket, $535, available at matchesfashion.com
4. Zara denim ballerina flats, $59.90, available at zara.com
5. Pierre Hardy color blocked cotton denim clutch, $795, available at luisaviaroma.com