Boy George’s Night Out in New York-------
Around midnight last night, guests gathered at The Top of The Standard for a private reception for Boy George, who had just wrapped a one-night-only performance at Irving Plaza. “It’s like the eighties in here,” Victoria Bartlett told us as she walked in. And perhaps it was the eighties all over again: A rare stateside visit from Boy George means that companions from the glory days of nightlife will come out of the woodwork. Sandra Long wore a signature white fur coat and feathered headpiece, and hosts Miss Guy and Erich Long greeted guests from their banquette near the front.
“I remember getting dressed up with my sisters as kids and dancing in front of the mirror to Boy George, pretending we were grown women!” Ladyfag told us, her thick eyeliner no doubt a tribute to “Karma Chameleon.” The evening drew in a range of Boy George fans young and old, including the likes of Peter Brant Jr., Julia Restoin Roitfeld, and Rachel Chandler. On the dance floor, husband-wife duo Catherine Martin and Baz Luhrmann danced up a storm until late into the night. You’re welcome in New York whenever you like, Boy George—it seems like your fan base has only grown.
- EXCLUSIVE: Andreja Pejic Is in Her Own Skin for the Very First Time
- Editor Obsessions: WWAKE’s Nestled Opal and Diamond Ring
- Of Clothes and Cats: Adrian Joffe and Simone Rocha Have a Heartfelt Chat in Love‘s Latest Issue
- Tim Blanks Remembers Fendi’s Fall ’91 Hippies in Fur Collection
- Ali Hewson and Danielle Sherman Open Up About Edun’s Future
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more