Jobs Wanted: The Business of Fashion launches its new recruitment site in London-------
London’s top designers turned out for a dinner party to launch The Business of Fashion’s new recruitment site, BoF Careers, at Mayfair’s Morton’s Club last night. The concept of a fashion- and luxury-only recruitment site came to founder Imran Amed not long after he launched BoF back in 2007. As the site started to grow, so did Amed’s connections.
“People would approach me after shows, dinners, presentations, and ask questions like, ‘I am looking for a PR manager who speaks Mandarin, I am looking for a social media marketer—do you know someone?’ This happened enough times for me to think, Hey, there needs to be an online recruitment site for fashion and luxury only.” Industry heavyweights agreed: LVMH, Tory Burch, the Net-a-Porter Group, Swarovski, Ermenegildo Zegna, Lane Crawford, and Anya Hindmarch, who together employ almost 150,000 people worldwide, are BoF’s launch partners. The CFDA and BFC also became involved. “Starting right now, our seven partners will post their vacancies online, so those looking for employment in fashion worldwide will be able to start their search immediately.”
The evening was also a release party for the second issue of BoF magazine with cover star Victoria Beckham, who also, btw, is seeking a digital marketing intern exclusively on the site—résumés at the ready!
- What to Buy This Weekend: Labor Day Designer Steals
- Abercrombie Loses the Logo, Angelina Jolie’s Wedding Dress Details, and More of the News You Missed Today
- EXCLUSIVE: Barbie’s New Designer Looks by Rebecca Taylor, Tess Giberson, and More
- Get Inked: 10 Models Show Off Their Tattoos
- Mary Katrantzou Liberates the Letter Sweater
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more