Runway to Red Carpet: Country Music’s Saucy Sirens and a Glamorous Gala-------
From award shows to film premieres to galas and fetes, the red carpet saw plenty of well-dressed action this week. The weekend’s spotlight went to Nashville’s finest for Sunday’s Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas, where flashes of skin were on trend. Faith Hill, one of many stars who went for a plunging neckline, donned a powder blue Saint Laurent gown, while Taylor Swift opted for a custom J. Mendel cutout crop top and maxi skirt with a thigh-high slit.
The party circuit was out in full swing this week, with plenty of notables stepping out in their red-carpet finest for a bevy of galas, benefits, and glamorous parties. On Friday night, São Paulo’s fashion week ended with the amfAR Inspiration Gala, where supermodels and celebs alike pulled out the sartorial stops. Naomi Campbell stepped out in a white Givenchy Haute Couture gown with an embroidered bodice and a fringe skirt, while Kate Moss went for a red silk chiffon Spring ’13 Saint Laurent gown with a tasseled drawstring on the neckline.
On the premiere circuit, Diane Kruger chose a body-hugging black Zuhair Murad Fall ’14 jumpsuit with a laced-up bodice at the premiere of Fargo in New York on Wednesday. The following night in London, Emma Stone dazzled in a yellow pleated custom Atelier Versace gown detailed with crystal embroidery at the world premiere of The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- The Jungle Book Gets the Hollywood Treatment, a Reason to Toast to Kate Moss’ Breast, and More of the News You Missed Today
- The CFDA Celebrates 20 Years of Philanthropy With Maria Sharapova
- Martha’s Vineyard Essentials
- Gia Coppola on Her Family’s Wine Legacy and the Importance of a Screw-Top Bottle
- EXCLUSIVE: Maybelline New York Partners With Made
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more