Runway to Red Carpet: The Stars Shine Post-Cannes and Miley Covers Up-------
For the past two weeks, all eyes have been glued on the red carpets of the Cannes Film Festival, but the post-Cannes fashion has been packed with well-dressed Hollywood elite, too. On Tuesday, A Million Ways to Die in the West costars Amanda Seyfried and Charlize Theron kicked off their press tour across the pond with a photo call in London. The duo posed in a pair of LBDs—Seyfried chose a gold-embroidered Pre-Fall ’14 Alexander McQueen mini, while Theron opted for a Stella McCartney frock with exaggerated sleeves.
On Wednesday, the leading ladies of Maleficent looked to their characters for sartorial inspiration. At the film’s world premiere in Hollywood, leading villainess Angelina Jolie stepped out in a black Atelier Versace ball gown, while Elle Fanning looked every part the princess in a lilac beaded Elie Saab Spring ’14 Haute Couture gown.
In a rare move, Miley Cyrus chose a conservative and—dare we say it—sophisticated ball gown for a performance during the World Music Awards in Monte Carlo, Monaco. Her Giambattista Valli Fall ’12 Haute Couture was covered in delicate flowers, another unlikely move for the sassy songstress. If you’re like us and are hoping this is a sign of a new leaf for Miley, don’t count on it—she was back to her scantily clad, tongue-wagging self during a concert the next day.
- Now Trending: Not Your Mother’s “Mom Jeans”
- EDM’s Biggest Moneymaker, Johnny Depp’s New Father-Daughter Project, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Telfar Clemens Pops Up at Opening Ceremony and Hints at His Plans for NYFW
- A Bustle Is Forever—Especially When It’s Made by Yohji Yamamoto
- EXCLUSIVE: Made Fashion Week’s Spring 2015 Lineup
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more