The Five Chanel Resort Moments Most Likely to Become Trends-------
Sure, only a few of this season’s Resort shows have been unveiled, but it’s safe to say where Chanel goes, fashion follows. Apart from the gas-can-shaped Chanel bag (which is already provoking debate), a few style statements from yesterday’s Dubai extravaganza stood out. Here, five trends we saw at Chanel Cruise (and that we’ll probably see again soon):
1. The thigh-high sock-sandal hybrid: Why wear socks with sandals when you can wear socks that also happen to be sandals?
2. The nail-less glove: Karl’s long been a fan of the fingerless glove, but for Cruise we spotted a nail-less glove that leaves just enough room to expose your tips.
3. The harem pant: These billowy pants and their elastic ankle cuffs were a constant at Chanel Cruise. Our reviewer Tim Blanks wasn’t a fan, but consumers may adopt them.
4. The hair brooch: The super-voluminous hairstyling used for each model appeared to almost swallow the headbands they were wearing. The result? An illusion of floating pendants (like crescent moons and signature C’s) in the center of their locks.
5. Mirrored accessories: When it came to accessorizing, Karl kept it symmetric. Perhaps the most curious trend we spotted: Many of the models donned matching accessories on both wrists and, in one instance, fingers.