Runway to Red Carpet: Bright Hues With an All-Black Streak-------
While we’ve been seeing a recent surge in color thanks to the warmer weather, a handful of stars chose classic all-black ensembles for their red-carpet appearances this week. On Saturday, Anne Hathaway attended A Night Under the Stars at Nickelodeon Animation Studio in L.A. in a black vintage Chanel blouse printed with “No Smoking” in several languages over a black maxi skirt. The same night, Leslie Mann took to the red carpet in Saint Laurent’s Spring ’14 tuxedo-inspired jumpsuit at the American Comedy Awards in New York. On Thursday, Rihanna layered a Givenchy leather biker jacket over a sheer black lace gown from the Fall ’08 Haute Couture runway for the iHeartRadio Music Awards, where she picked up the trophy for Artist of the Year.
Despite the black streak, there was still plenty of color. Kiernan Shipka donned a bold blue Prabal Gurung Pre-Fall ’14 frock adorned with beads and feathers on the skirt for the premiere of God’s Pocket at LACMA on Thursday in L.A. In Houston, Naomi Watts chose an equally vivid hue, stepping out in a sunny yellow Preen Pre-Fall ’14 floral dévoré dress for a gala to celebrate the BVLGARI: 130 Years of Masterpieces exhibition launch.
- The Problem With Google’s Driverless Car, Downton Abbey‘s Strange Underwear Rules, and More of the News You Missed Today
- Dressing for Fame: Penny Lovell Talks Working With Taylor Schilling, Sex and the City‘s Lasting Influence, and More
- Editor Obsessions: Rainbow’s Cheap Fashion Thrills
- Summer Fridays: Out of Office With ArtBinder App Founder Alexandra Chemla
- Through Cédric’s Eyes: Devon Aoki in Jeremy Scott
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more