Shop the Look: The New Pastels-------
Until recently, everyone was always a bit wary of pastels. Were they overly sweet? Or even acceptable over the age of 15? And how were you expected to wear multiple shades without looking like an Easter egg? But thanks to the recent surge of what we like to call “modern pastels”—the same baby pinks, pale yellows, and icy blues but on the most basic of shapes—the hues are coming into their own. The key is to look for uncomplicated pieces that let the color make the statement (bonus points for a cool metallic or patent finish). Mixing lavender with mint green never looked fresher. Shop our favorite pastels by Christopher Kane, Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu, and more, below.
1. Miu Miu Ciré pencil skirt, $915, available at mytheresa.com
2. Burberry Prorsum purple medium fabric bag, $1,235, available at thecorner.com
3. Christopher Kane Flower lace-insert cotton-blend sweatshirt, $560, available at net-a-porter.com
4. Marc Jacobs Beauty enamored hi-shine nail lacquer in Gatsby, $18, available at sephora.com
5. Alexander Wang Jodie retro pumps, $575, available at matchesfashion.com