Runway to Red Carpet: Gucci Girls and Sparkles Galore-------
This week, it was Gucci, rather than film premieres, that drew the stars out in New York. Creative director Frida Giannini made a rare trip to the Big Apple to host a duo of parties, which were attended by Gucci-clad celebs including Beyoncé, Blake Lively, and Kate Mara.
On Tuesday, Giannini and co. feted Chime for Change, a charity founded by Giannini, Beyoncé, and Salma Hayek Pinault. Blake Lively showed her support in a mod mustard Fall ’14 Gucci frock with a leather-lined keyhole cutout down the front. Not to be outdone, Queen Bey looked flawless in a one-of-a-kind plunging white Gucci jumpsuit. The following evening, Kate Mara joined the fashion crowd in celebrating Gucci’s long-anticipated cosmetics launch. She chose a burgundy A-line number with a leather bodice from the Fall ’14 runway for the affair.
In London on Tuesday, stars turned out for Glamour‘s Women of the Year Awards. After making a splash on the red carpet, Naomi Campbell, Taylor Schilling, and Sarah Hyland snagged trophies. Schilling, who took home the Editor’s Special Award, and Hyland, who earned the Comedy Actress accolade, both opted for shimmery looks. Schilling went for Peter Pilotto’s plunging silver-sequined Fall ’14 dress, while Hyland opted for a sparkling Gucci Resort ’14 shift. Campbell, the TV Personality Award winner, was the most memorable in a red-and-black Alexander McQueen Spring ’14 feathered dress.
- Anya Hindmarch’s New Bespoke Shop at Bergdorf’s Will Connect Customers With Craftsmen
- Style.com’s Dirk Standen Gets Coveteur’d
- EXCLUSIVE: Gareth Pugh Offers Up a First Look at His Disruptive Spring ’15
- EXCLUSIVE: Rodarte Joins Forces With Rachel Zoe
- EXCLUSIVE: Kerry Washington Talks Movado, Dressing Olivia Pope, and That Two-Piece Prada Look
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more