Runway to Red Carpet: Babes on Broadway and a Splash of Feminine Flair-------
New York was graced with plenty of glitz this week when musically inclined stars took to the red carpet for Sunday night’s Tony Awards. A slew of silver-screen stars came out to show their support, with notables including Kate Mara, Emmy Rossum, Lucy Liu, and Maggie Gyllenhaal in attendance. Rossum, who is no stranger to the stage, turned up in a silver silk Ralph Lauren Pre-Fall ’14 gown. Liu was also a highlight in a Vivienne Westwood number that offered a fresh riff on the tuxedo.
On Saturday, Jaime King smoldered at Spike TV’s Guys Choice Awards, stepping out in a saucy black suede Emilio Pucci minidress with a web of crystal embellishments. Rihanna unsurprisingly took home the evening’s (somewhat degrading) Most Desirable Woman accolade, and donned a simple yet elegant black vintage John Galliano silk slipdress to accept her trophy.
Tilda Swinton, who, let’s face it, looks flawless in pretty much anything, walked the red carpet in a decidedly feminine burgundy Schiaparelli Couture for the premiere of Snowpiercer during the Los Angeles Film Festival. With structured hips and a form-fitting silhouette, the dress was an unlikely but stunning choice for the oft-androgynous actress.
- The Jungle Book Gets the Hollywood Treatment, a Reason to Toast to Kate Moss’ Breast, and More of the News You Missed Today
- The CFDA Celebrates 20 Years of Philanthropy With Maria Sharapova
- Martha’s Vineyard Essentials
- Gia Coppola on Her Family’s Wine Legacy and the Importance of a Screw-Top Bottle
- EXCLUSIVE: Maybelline New York Partners With Made
about this blog
- style file covers all the news in style, from high street to high fashion, with dispatches from new york, l.a., london, paris, milan, tokyo, beijing, and more