Shop the Look: Youth Culture-------
Is it just us, or were we on to something in elementary school? Suddenly those jelly shoes, glitter manicures, and playsuits that so quickly fell out of favor are feeling pretty fresh. We’ve already purchased a closetful of crisp shirting and artistic prints this spring, but we think every wardrobe needs a few pieces that are just fun to wear. Enter jellies, hair bows (clipped into messy waves for a less prim look), pastels aplenty, sparkly accents, and playful accessories, which pay subtle homage to our hopscotch days without feeling too literal. Feel like a kid again with pieces by Sophia Webster, Valentino, American Apparel, and more, below.
1. Edie Parker watermelon acrylic clutch, $1,495, available at modaoperandi.com
2. Valentino split-back playsuit, $1,953, available at net-a-porter.com
3. Sophia Webster purple-and-green color-blocked Violeta sandals, $112, available at ssense.com
4. Deborah Lippmann glitter nail lacquer in Candy Shop, $20, available at sephora.com
5. American Apparel small bow hair clip, $10, available at americanapparel.com