50 posts tagged "Acne"
Black and white emerged as the color story for Spring, but when it comes to Fall essentials, it’s still about fifty shades of gray—gunmetal, especially. From Stella McCartney’s intarsia wool sweater dress to Acne’s animal-print booties, we’ve rounded up a few of our favorite pieces in the hue below.
1. Stella McCartney dress, $1,035, available at www.netaporter.com
2. Salvatore Ferragamo bag, $562, available at www.mytheresa.com
3. Acne boots, $564, available at www.mytheresa.com
4. Alexander Wang sweater, $478, available at www.farfetch.com
5. Victoria Beckham denim, $220, available at www.netaporter.com
To view more looks, click here.
Summer is officially over. Gone are the days when you could leave the house sans jacket. On the bright side, we have our eyes on several chic coats that would look great tossed over any fall outfit. The story this season is mixed materials, from leather to wool to shearling, on classic silhouettes. We’ve rounded up a few of our favorites from Alexander Wang, Helmut Lang, Acne, and more.
1. Maje coat, $860, available at www.netaporter.com
2. Alexander Wang jacket, $2,750, available at www.alexanderwang.com
3. Helmut Lang coat, $1,306, available at www.mywardrobe.com
4. Acne coat, $2,900, available at www.lagarconne.com
The Fall 2012 runways saw a resurgence of gold. Recall the baroque embellishments at Dolce & Gabbana, Balmain, Versace—the list goes on and on. But silver is not completely dead. In fact, it seems to be in a revival state, thanks to brands like Acne, Elizabeth and James, Giuseppe Zanotti, and more. We’ve rounded up five Fall separates to prove that all that glitters is not gold.
1. Elizabeth and James blazer, $565, available at www.bergdorfgoodman.com
2. Acne metallic trousers, $1,292, available at www.matchesfashion.com
3. Giuseppe Zanotti metallic bootie, $995, available at www.forwardforward.com
4. Essie No Place Like Chrome nail polish, $7, available at www.target.com
5. Jil Sander pouch, $430, available at www.net-a-porter.com
To view more looks, click here.
What’s old is new again. And at Acne, the old is coming back in white. Jonny Johansson and his team scoured more than ten collections from the Acne archive for a new capsule collection of reissues hitting label stores this Monday. Tops, skirts, dresses, shoes, and accessories are all back from the vault in new, white versions. Why? “I designed an apartment back in the nineties on Park Avenue,” Johansson tells Style.com, “with one room as the Yoko and John Lennon white room. It has been floating around my head for a while, this whole ‘white-out process.’ It finally surfaced and I was like, yes, let’s do a collection.” With Memorial Day and the traditional season of white garb on its way, we wondered, does Johansson have any rules for how to wear it? “Just keep your white pieces dirty—then you know you are having fun,” he says. One caveat: “No sex in the grass wearing white; it gives it away.”
Second-skin stovepipes, seventies-inspired flares, ultra-wide-leg trousers, baggy boyfriend jeans—we’ve watched umpteen styles of pants cycle in and out of fashion the past few seasons. For Fall, designers are advocating another new silhouette. Pants clipped just above the ankle were balanced out with hip-grazing tunics at Acne, Alexander Wang, and Miu Miu (pictured), while Chanel‘s Karl Lagerfeld and Dries Van Noten went one step further, showing longer, to-the-knee tops over their short slacks. Designers have touted dresses over pants before. Do you think the look will stick this time around?
CLICK FOR A SLIDESHOW, and let us know below.