2 posts tagged "Adia Kibur"
Summer doesn’t officially start for another month, but Memorial Day weekend more or less feels like the beginning of the season. Some of us are heading East for barbecues in Montauk and Amagansett, while others are taking advantage of the long weekend by jetting off to more tropical locales. Regardless of your destination (or lack thereof), we’re inspired to celebrate the American holiday in style with nautical details. In more subdued shades like coral and sky blue, preppy marinière stripes, rope details, and flat espadrilles look more sailboat-chic than straight-up patriotic. Shop our favorite nautical pieces by Trademark, Illesteva, Kenzo, and more, below.
1. Adia Kibur faux pearl rope necklace, $80, available at shopbop.com
2. Illesteva Leonard round-frame acetate sunglasses, $280, available at net-a-porter.com
3. Trademark Carson shirt, $138, available at trade-mark.com
4. Soludos stripe sandals, $55, available at shopbop.com
5. Kenzo miniskirt, $510, available at thecorner.com
Everything old is new again—including heirloom-worthy pearls. No longer reserved for prim sweater sets and Easter brunch, pearls have gotten a forward-thinking makeover for Spring. Forgo classic stud earrings in favor of surrealist pumps, an embellished minaudière, or a playful belt. A hint of irony takes this look from “traditional” to anything but. Shop our favorite pearly pieces by Nicholas Kirkwood, Alexander McQueen, and more, below.
1. Alexander McQueen faux-pearl-embellished knitted dress, $2,915, available at net-a-porter.com.
2. Adia Kibur faux-pearl cluster bracelet, $50, available at shopbop.com.
3. Lanvin crystal-and-Swarovski-pearl belt, $2,780, available at net-a-porter.com.
4. Alexander McQueen black leather Fishscale Pearl Skull Box Clutch, $2,085, available at ssense.com.
5. Nicholas Kirkwood pearl-trimmed suede pumps, $889, available at matchesfashion.com.