7 posts tagged "Asos"
The Resort ’15 season is in full swing, and we’re already getting a sense of the top trends. From crisp shirting to eye-catching bomber jackets, our must-have list is steadily growing. Dior has been one of our favorite collections thus far. Raf Simons teamed Parisian chic with American practicality, structure with fluidity, and, most strikingly of all, florals with stripes. The clashing patterns looked fresh on otherwise spare silhouettes. Shop our favorite striped and floral pieces by Whit, J.Crew, Sophia Webster, and more, below.
1. Sunday Somewhere Soelae sunglasses, $240, available at shopbop.com
2. J.Crew Collection photo floral mirror pencil skirt, $228, available at jcrew.com
3. ASOS Dune statement clutch with chain strap, $162, available at asos.com
4. Sophia Webster Yaya sandals, $432, available at farfetch.com
5. Whit striped top, $288, available at madewell.com
There’s finally a light at the end of the tunnel. Temperatures in New York are slowly rising, and it seems spring hasn’t forgotten us after all. As the East Coast inches toward warmer climes, we’re wasting no time pulling out our new spring pieces—even if the air is still a little brisk. Despite the season’s many covetable trends, there’s nothing as fresh as a breezy white ensemble. We feel lighter just thinking about crisp ivory blouses and bright white jeans—so much so that we’ve already started wearing them. White is a year-round hue, after all, and we highly recommend investing in a standout piece or two. They will carry you straight through the summer (and maybe even the fall). Shop our favorite white pieces by Marni, Ashley B, Miu Miu, and more, below.
1. Ashley B mixed-media bomber jacket, $745, available at saksfifthavenue.com
2. Paige Denim Verdugo ultra skinny jeans, $178, available at shopbop.com
3. ASOS casual clutch bag, $37.64, available at asos.com
4. Miu Miu leather slingback flats, $550, available at mytheresa.com
5. Marni crystal-embellished resin necklace, $1,310, available at net-a-porter.com
The only thing worse than last week’s subzero temps and blankets of snow? Discovering (via Instagram, naturally) that most of your friends are in fact enjoying white sand beaches, bronzed skin, and tropical drinks in some far-flung locale. At this point, we would be game for any warm-weather escape (especially with fashion week approaching in February), but the destination of choice seems to be Tulum, Mexico. We can’t quite explain how or when the ancient city became de rigueur for the fashion set, but we say: If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. Even if you’re just prepping for the warm months ahead, embracing the vivid florals, earthy jewelry, and splashy colors of Mexico might just distract you from the inclement weather outside your door. Shop our favorite Tulum-inspired pieces by Tabitha Simmons, Pamela Love, Aurélie Bidermann, and more, below.
1. Pamela Love “Empire Reflection” cuff, $299, available at shopbop.com
2. ALICE by Temperley “Poppy Story” silk-appliquéd crepe mini dress, $450, available at net-a-porter.com
3. ASOS bright floral embroidered clutch, $64, available at asos.com
4. Tabitha Simmons “Lou” silk-jacquard pumps, $845, available at net-a-porter.com
5. Aurélie Bidermann Pachacamac 18-karat gold-plated medallion necklace, $870, available at net-a-porter.com
Markus Lupfer’s cheeky embroidered sweaters caught our eye long before Balenciaga’s cartoon sweatshirts and Kenzo’s logo tops made the street-style rounds. But it’s edge, not cheek, that’s on display in the new capsule collection the British designer has just created for ASOS Black. Case in point: leather minidresses, pencil skirts, and motorcycle jackets done in a shattered kaleidoscope print with intricate cutouts. A matching envelope clutch and platform booties round out the range, which caps off at $350. The collection launches this Monday, November 12 on Asos.com.
The schedule is set (well, almost) and invitations are trickling in. Fashion week is on its way, which means it is time to take on the daunting task of planning seven days of fashion show-worthy outfits. It wouldn’t hurt to take a cue from Esther Quek, the group fashion director of The Rake magazine, who turned up at the Paris Couture shows in a handful of effortlessly cool looks. The bold floral top paired with tailored trousers and strappy patent leather Bottega Veneta heels (pictured) is one getup we may have to replicate for Day One at the tents. We’ve rounded up the five essentials to get the look, below.
From top left to right: Kenzo floral sweater, $420, available at www.net-a-porter.com; Joseph cropped trousers, $309, available at www.farfetch.com; ASOS collar necklace, $59.61, available at www.asos.com; Bottega Veneta cage sandal, $342, available at www.neimanmarcus.com; Anndra Neen shark cuff, $485, available at www.kirnazabete.com.