1 posts tagged "Corrine Day"
Her own book isn’t the only thing Kate Moss is covering in November. The new issue of Vanity Fair is out today, with a cover shoot (by Mert and Marcus) and story (by James Fox) about the model. In the interest of getting a jump on the chatter, here are the five key things to know now, from the mouth of the lady herself.
• Her “Wanton Past,” Sort of: “On my wedding day, I’m like freaking out, obviously. ‘You’ve got to give me a character.’ And [John Galliano] said, ‘You have a secret—you are the last of the English roses. Hide under that veil. When he lifts it, he’s going to see your wanton past!’”
• Her Not-So-Wanton Past—on the Famous Marky Mark Herb Ritts Calvin Klein Underwear Photos: “It didn’t feel like me at all. I felt really bad about straddling this buff guy.”
• The Johnny Depp Revelation: “There’s nobody that’s ever really been able to take care of me. Johnny did for a bit. I believed what he said. Like if I said, ‘What do I do?,’ he’d tell me.”
• On Modesty—and the Famous Corinne Day Photos That Launched her Career: “There’s a lot of boobs. I hated my boobs! Because I was flat-chested. And I had a big mole on one. That picture of me running down the beach—I’ll never forget doing that, because I made the hairdresser, who was the only man on the shoot, turn his back.”
• On Immodesty—and the Pursuit of a Good Time: “People that don’t know me get Mossed. It means, I was gonna go home, but then I just got led astray. In the best possible way, of course. I mean, it’s always fun, and a good time.” Her friend Jess Hallett counters, “It can be a nightmare if you’re the only one there. ‘Please can we go home?’ ‘No.’” On one such night in South Africa, “I remember phoning downstairs,” says Hallett, “and saying, ‘Can we have an alarm call for 7 a.m., please?’ They said, ‘That’s in five minutes, madam.’”