14 posts tagged "Dannijo"
With Coachella kicking off this weekend, the fashion set is flocking westward, and that means it’s high time to invest in some festival-appropriate duds. Things are bound to get mussed up in the desert, so pre-distressed threads, such as Ksubi’s cutoff shorts and Frye’s stonewashed leather boots, are essentials. That being said, a few luxe, concert-friendly accents, like Alexander McQueen’s printed cape, can go a long way. Shop our picks from Diesel, Dannijo, and more, below.
1. Alexander McQueen cape, $955, available at www.matchesfashion.com.
2. Dannijo bracelet, $220, available at www.dannijo.com.
3. Diesel top, $227, available at www.harveynichols.com.
4. Ksubi shorts, $199.95, available at www.ksubi.com.
5. Alkemie belt, $265, available at www.alkemiejewelry.com.
6. Frye boots, $278, available at www.thefryecompany.com.
Label: Dannijo, designed by Jodie and Danielle Snyder
Need to Know: For their Fall 2013 presentation, titled “Vanities,” Dannijo designers Jodie and Danielle Snyder turned the Jane Hotel’s ballroom into a scene out of Dynasty, where models, draped in long-sleeve velvet gowns, sat dripping in the label’s colorful, oversize statement jewelry, which was featured in bold shades of ruby red, emerald green, and clear oxidized crystal. The collection was inspired in part by eighties opulence, specifically in homage to Elizabeth Taylor, and also by vanities of today. In discussing her own take on vanity, cohost and actress Rashida Jones admitted to being tormented by the word. “I have a weird relationship with vanity because I feel like it’s part of my job to be vain, but it’s something I abhor and don’t want to cultivate in myself,” she said. The scene soon turned into a party when singer Angela McCluskey performed for the crowd that included Hilary Rhoda and Coco Rocha.
She Says: “We thought, If Elizabeth Taylor were still around, what would she wear?” said Danielle Snyder. “She was known for beautiful, ornate fine jewelry but wanted to take red-carpet and black-tie jewelry and work backward. It’s easy to take jewelry and make it day-to-night, but it’s hard to take night jewelry and wear it during the day. This collection can be evening and worn for black-tie, but it gives a rocker-glam element to jeans and a tee.”
Where to Find It: Bergdorf Goodman, Shopbop.com, and dannijo.com
Following what seemed like a blinding (albeit enjoyable) barrage of neons and brights, designers have toned down their color palettes for Spring. Light and airy pastels were shown on the runway at Dries Van Noten, Erdem, and Christopher Kane, to name a few. From ready-to-wear to accessories, pale pink and blue will be the right choices when updating your wardrobe for warmer weather. We rounded up some of our favorite pastel pieces below—from Stella McCartney, Diane von Furstenberg, Tabitha Simmons, and more.
1. Dannijo earrings, $245, available at www.dannijo.com
2. Stella McCartney sweater, $860, available at www.netaporter.com
3. Diane von Furstenberg clutch, $345, available at www.shopbop.com
4. Tabitha Simmons boots, $1,195, available at www.neimanmarcus.com
5. J Brand / Christopher Kane, $736, available at www.netaporter.com
6. Chanel Sky Line nail polish, $30, available at www.chanel.com
To view more looks, click here.
The clock’s a-ticking! The holidays are less than a month away, and the time to find the perfect gift for everyone on your list is running out. We’d bet that at least one of your comrades or kin is hoping for an Apple gadget of some sort—be it an iPhone or an iPad Mini. But if you don’t have a Santa-sized budget, why not get them a fun and fashionable case instead? A few of our favorite designers, like Diane von Furstenberg, Marc Jacobs, and Moschino, offer some covetable options. See our roundup below.
1. Moschino iPad cover, $85, available at www.netaporter.com
2. Diane von Furstenberg iPad case, $165, available at www.matchesfashion.com
3. Marc by Marc Jacobs iPhone case, $48, available at www.shopbop.com
4. Dannijo iPhone case, $98, available at www.dannijo.com
5. Weston iPhone case, $50, available at www.netaporter.com.
To view more looks, click here .
Like it or not, the holiday season is officially upon us. If Black Friday and Cyber Monday haven’t already prompted you to start tackling your gift-giving shopping list, now is the time. Our Holiday Shopping Guide offers 100 perfect gifts from feathered Roger Vivier pumps to a Prada chess set, but it couldn’t hurt to throw one more idea into the mix. Rose gold is having a moment: jewelry designers like Eddie Borgo and Jennifer Fisher are plugging the trend with their latest collections. Shop five of our favorite pieces that would make perfect stocking stuffers, below.
1. Jennifer Fisher earrings, $315, available at www.barneys.com
2. Dannijo necklace, $220, available at www.ssense.com
3. House of Harlow bracelet, $79, available at www.thetrendboutique.com
4. Eddie Borgo cuff, $875, available at www.netaporter.com
5. Pamela Love ring, $530, available at www.forwardforward.com
To view more looks, click here.