18 posts tagged "Elie Saab"
Punk is back with a vengeance. With the Costume Institute’s forthcoming exhibition at the Met, and Moda Operandi’s exclusive punk-themed capsule collection launching May 2, fashion is feting the subculture’s enduring impact. Although some might see the revival more as commodification than celebration, isn’t punk’s anti-fashion just another fashion statement? After all, even the pioneers of punk leveraged irreverent DIY designs to create both community and dissonance. In the spirit of rebellion (and the Met Gala next week), shop our studded and spiked evening wares, from Elie Saab, Givenchy, Alexander McQueen, and more, below.
1. Elie Saab gown, $6,515, available at www.stylebop.com.
2. Tom Binns earrings, $1,677.59, available at www.farfetch.com.
3. Givenchy cuff, $975, available at www.luisaviaroma.com.
4. Alexander McQueen clutch, $2,325, available at www.farfetch.com.
5. Valentino slingback, $1,295, available at www.bergdorfgoodman.com.
6. Joomi Lim necklace, $495, available at www.matchesfashion.com.
You could call Style.com’s Tumblr the eyes of the site: It’s where the editors upload what we’re seeing, where we’re seeing it, instantaneously—no filter. (OK, occasionally Instagram’s Amaro filter, but that’s it.) At year’s end, we’ve gone back through the rolls to find the biggest hits, month by month, of our postings: what’s been liked, reblogged, commented upon, and loved. The tops of every month, December back to January, above.
12. Lindsey Wixson backstage at Dior Couture, December: 643 notes
11. The Tsar’s Palace, St. Petersburg, Russia, November: 224 notes
10. Sade, Beauty Icon of the Month, October: 399 notes
9. Jewelry by Hervé Van Der Straeten, September: 175 notes
8. Karen Walker sunglasses, August: 214 notes
7. The mariée at Elie Saab Couture, July: 314 notes
6. A pink-haired attendee at Junya Watanabe’s Spring ’13 men’s show, June: 1,094 notes
5. A diamond collar by H.Stern, May: 3,140 notes
4. Collar clips by Bones and Feathers Collective, April: 111 notes
3. Alexander McQueen rose clutch, March: 295 notes
2. Jourdan Dunn getting a touch-up backstage at Prabal Gurung, February: 142 notes
1. Tilda Swinton, Frances McDormand, and Sandro Kopp, January: 33 notes
This weekend, the Kids’ Choice Awards and the Academy of Country Music Awards offered two takes on event dressing: young, short, and bright for the kids, glammed-out for the twang set.
At Friday’s Kids’ Choice Awards, the length of choice was mini. Miranda Cosgrove (above left) was the latest young Hollywood coup for Miu Miu; the iCarly starlet, whose show won for Favorite TV Show, wore a shocking pink, strapless gown by the label. Paris Hilton (above center) chose a macramé-inspired, high-necked option from Opening Ceremony. And Heidi Klum (above right), not to let a few youngsters show her up, went short in glittering Gucci.
At last night’s ACM Awards, the vibe was glitzier (the show was in Vegas, after all). There were plenty of people who could’ve toned down the spangle, but also several who did glamour right: Nicole Kidman (below right) in fur-accented L’Wren Scott, for one, and the evening’s big winner, Entertainer of the Year Taylor Swift (below left), in butter yellow Elie Saab Couture.