3 posts tagged "Etoile Isabel Marant"
Minimalism will always be chic in our book, but the Spring ’14 shows and Pre-Fall ’14 collections had a maximalist twist. Artsy patterns, tribal embellishments, over-the-top furs, and gleaming metallics made us want to kick our simpler ensembles to the curb. A particularly appealing trend was zigzag patterns – on sweatshirts, shoes, jewelry, you name it. It’s an easy way to incorporate a graphic print into your wardrobe without succumbing to blinding hues or clashing prints. Add a subtle edge to your look with a bold clutch or unconventional denim, or go all-out with multi-colored, eye-catching sandals. Shop our favorite zigzag pieces below from Sophia Webster, Pierre Hardy, Etre Cecile, and more, below.
1. Être Cécile “Galactica” jersey long-sleeve sweatshirt, $148.50, available at my-wardrobe.com
2. Pierre Hardy striped leather clutch, $1,695, available at net-a-porter.com
3. Étoile Isabel Marant “Nea” printed mid-rise boyfriend jeans, $340, available at net-a-porter.com
4. Jennifer Fisher “XL Pulse” ring, $220, available at otteny.com
5. Sophia Webster “Leilou” striped leather, suede, and canvas sandals, $595, available at net-a-porter.com
Anyone who knows me knows that I get pretty excited about all things fashion, whether it’s a shoe, a bag, a dress, or beyond. (I am a market director, after all!) I’m always looking for the next item, the next trend, or simply what I must have. From here on out, I’ll be offering a regular rundown of what I’m crazy about, and sharing my wish list with you. Of course, we’re excited to hear what you’re crazy for, too, so please share your favorite new designers, trends, and products with us in the comments.
1. Now that I’m a mother of two, I’ve found myself carrying more and more things in my handbag. Chloé’s Baylee bag looks professional and, thanks to its cross-body strap, is also a practical, hands-free weekend option. It’s been on my wish list for a while, so I think it might be time to give in.
Chloé Baylee bag, $2,250, Buy it now
2. Thanks to Isabel Marant, we have all been wearing high-top wedges; thanks to Phoebe Philo, we’ve been addicted to slip-ons. Now comes Karl Lagerfeld, changing the high-fashion sneaker game with his Spring ’14 couture trainers. After last week’s Chanel Couture show, we all wanted to go back to the nineties. If you too were inspired by the runway and are looking for a (slightly more affordable) pair now, check out Lanvin’s holographic kicks, which retail for $695.
Lanvin holographic leather sneakers, $695, Buy it now
3. By January, my skin is so dry, even with all the extra moisturizer I insist on using. I’ve found that fashion-friendly sweatshirts are softer on my skin than any cashmere. It’s also been a uniform around the Style.com offices—everyone is wearing their sweats to work.
Être Cécile sweatshirt, $148.50, Buy it now
4. It’s freaking cold in New York. It’s never been this cold as long as I’ve lived here. That being said, a great snow boot is a necessity. O Jour’s furry-lined pair is all I want to wear. Charlotte Casiraghi was spotted wearing them last week.
O Jour Red Hare boots, $1,070, Buy it now
5. While trying to decide who did the best job staying warm and looking chic during the Couture shows in Paris, Emmanuelle Alt stood out. Thanks to her, I’m now craving Isabel Marant Étoile’s quilted kimono coat.
Isabel Marant Étoile quilted coat, $745, Buy it now
Considering model Ava Smith is a Chicago native, one might assume that she’s experienced her fair share of the Windy City’s blistering snowstorms. Thus, the girl knows how to bundle. During a cold Paris day last fashion week, Smith piled on the layers without sacrificing her off-duty style. Photographer Vanessa Jackman snapped a picture of her after the Kenzo show wearing an oversized knit sweater coat with a colorful scarf and a red bag. Here in New York, winter is just getting started (sigh), so take a cue from Ava and recreate her look with the essentials below.
From top left, below:
1. Etoile Isabel Marant cardigan, $605, available at www.matchesfashion.com
2. Burberry Prorsum scarf, $557, available at www.mytheresa.com
3. Helmut Lang sweater, $370, available at www.bergdorfgoodman.com
4. Marc Jacobs ‘Lola’ satchel, $1,495, available at www.shop.nordstrom.com