38 posts tagged "Helmut Lang"
Australian model Catherine McNeil popped up on more than a few Spring 2013 runways, walking in Paris at Saint Laurent, Hermès, Kenzo, Isabel Marant, and more, as well as Helmut Lang in New York. With her piercing stare and fresh, choppy bob, McNeil has been one to watch around the Style.com offices. But it’s not just her runway look that’s put her on our radar—her off-duty duds have caught our eye, too. Snapped in Paris by Vanessa Jackman, McNeil sported a graphic sweater and leather miniskirt with edgy motorcycle booties and an Isabel Marant jacket thrown over her shoulder. We’ve rounded up the essentials below because—minus the cigarette—this getup’s worth repeating.
From top left, below:
1. Isabel Marant leather jacket, $3,075, available at www.matchesfashion.com
2. Proenza Schouler embroidered sweatshirt, $1,500, available at www.lagarconne.com
3. Alexander Wang combat boot, $625, available at www.neimanmarcus.com
4. Elin Kling x Marciano skirt, $398, available at www.guessbymarciano.guess.com
Thanksgiving has come and gone and after days of excess, the other shoe is about to drop—the running shoe. But heading to the gym or the park doesn’t have to mean ditching style. Runway newbie Elise, a hot newcomer at Ford, knows how to balance fashion with fitness. Snapped by Vanessa Jackman during Paris Fashion Week—she had just come from a workout—Elise paired on-trend track pants with blue sneakers and a chic leather jacket. Recreate her look and get in shape with the essentials below.
From top left, below:
1. Jay Ahr silk track pant, $1,061.48, available at www.farfetch.com
2. Helmut Lang leather jacket, $1,230, available at www.stylebop.com
3. Y-3 Wing sweatshirt, $315.34, available at www.farfetch.com
4. New Balance 501 sneaker, $59.95, available at www.dsw.com
At the Style.com offices we’ve become just about immune to models with great off-duty style. But these girls have a way of getting to trends before the average shopper—even before they hit the runway. Take Xiao Wen Ju, for example, who was snapped in London in a black and white ensemble much like those that covered the catwalks throughout fashion month. From the chunky oversized knit to the distressed leggings and black motorcycle booties, her outfit looks totally fresh and comfortable. Get the look with the essentials below.
From top left: Helmut Lang sweater, $471.72, available at www.farfetch.com; Alexander Wang Rafael bag, $720, available at www.ssense.com; McQ Alexander McQueen boots, $508.74, available at www.my-wardrobe.com; DRK SHDW by Rick Owens jeans, $386, available at www.lagarconne.com.
Summer is officially over. Gone are the days when you could leave the house sans jacket. On the bright side, we have our eyes on several chic coats that would look great tossed over any fall outfit. The story this season is mixed materials, from leather to wool to shearling, on classic silhouettes. We’ve rounded up a few of our favorites from Alexander Wang, Helmut Lang, Acne, and more.
1. Maje coat, $860, available at www.netaporter.com
2. Alexander Wang jacket, $2,750, available at www.alexanderwang.com
3. Helmut Lang coat, $1,306, available at www.mywardrobe.com
4. Acne coat, $2,900, available at www.lagarconne.com