3 posts tagged "H.Stern"
After showing his pre-fall ’13 collection in Paris, New York-based jewelry designer Eddie Borgo jetted down to Brazil to source semiprecious stones, do a photo shoot, get a little inspiration, and soak up some sunshine. Borgo sent us back a few snaps from his Brazilian adventure. Read all about it, below.
Once I landed in Rio (see the view from the plane, above left), I headed to my hotel, which overlooked Ipanema Beach. After coming from Paris (where the temperature was near freezing), I was excited to see that the weather report was a sunny 91 degrees!
When I woke up on my first day, I went to Tijuca National Park and took a wonderful hike above the city of Paineiras. The views of Rio are indescribable.
I visited the H.Stern workshop and spent an afternoon looking through their unbelievable archives. It was so inspiring to see such unique craftsmanship and history. I then had lunch and incredible conversation with Costanza Pascolato, editor at large at Vogue Brazil. Afterward, I took a shopping tour of NK, a great luxury boutique in Rio owned by Natalie Klein. Continue Reading “Designer Diary: Eddie Borgo’s Postcard from Brazil” »
You could call Style.com’s Tumblr the eyes of the site: It’s where the editors upload what we’re seeing, where we’re seeing it, instantaneously—no filter. (OK, occasionally Instagram’s Amaro filter, but that’s it.) At year’s end, we’ve gone back through the rolls to find the biggest hits, month by month, of our postings: what’s been liked, reblogged, commented upon, and loved. The tops of every month, December back to January, above.
12. Lindsey Wixson backstage at Dior Couture, December: 643 notes
11. The Tsar’s Palace, St. Petersburg, Russia, November: 224 notes
10. Sade, Beauty Icon of the Month, October: 399 notes
9. Jewelry by Hervé Van Der Straeten, September: 175 notes
8. Karen Walker sunglasses, August: 214 notes
7. The mariée at Elie Saab Couture, July: 314 notes
6. A pink-haired attendee at Junya Watanabe’s Spring ’13 men’s show, June: 1,094 notes
5. A diamond collar by H.Stern, May: 3,140 notes
4. Collar clips by Bones and Feathers Collective, April: 111 notes
3. Alexander McQueen rose clutch, March: 295 notes
2. Jourdan Dunn getting a touch-up backstage at Prabal Gurung, February: 142 notes
1. Tilda Swinton, Frances McDormand, and Sandro Kopp, January: 33 notes
I haven’t been wearing earrings in the past few years, but lately all I want is a new pair. Correction: Although my lovely daughter has been reminding me, “Mommy, you need two earrings, not just one,” a single statement earring is exactly what I am after. After lusting over Gaia Repossi’s Berbère earrings, I finally got my hands on one (yes, they are sold individually), and I’ve been wearing it in one ear and with an H.Stern stud in the other. It’s an easy update for my winter wardrobe. Now, I can’t get enough of it and I’m already looking for other options. During my market research, I recently found this great crystal piece from Ca & Lou by designers Berengere Lux and Carolina Neri. I’m planning on wearing it paired with a diamond stud in the other ear; It’s a perfect alternative for when I want to switch things up and wear my silver pieces.
Ca & Lou crystal earring, price on request, www.caandlou.com.