20 posts tagged "Illesteva"
While scrolling through our latest crop of Tommy Ton street-style photos, we found a range of new trends to try, from minimalist suits to basketball shorts to our current favorite look: hyper-vivid color combinations. We saw clashing patterns, three shades of neon, and interesting new fabrics—and that was all on one outfit. It’s inspiring us to think outside the black-and-white box and incorporate a few more pops of color into our wardrobes. Even one pair of standout shoes gives your go-to jeans a playful lift. Or do as the editors do and wear the entire Roy G. Biv spectrum. Either way, our approach to summer dressing just got a whole lot livelier. Shop our favorite rainbow-bright pieces by Carven, Michael Kors, and more, below.
1. Michael Kors stretch-cotton poplin skirt, $695, available at net-a-porter.com
2. Charlotte Olympia Neon Sign Girls clutch, $1,495, available at nordstrom.com
3. Illesteva Leonard tortoise sunglasses with blue-mirrored lenses, $177, available at editorialist.com
4. Carven green suede bow strap ballerinas, $212, available at avenue32.com
5. J.Crew gemstone floral printed silk top, $120, available at net-a-porter.com
Summer doesn’t officially start for another month, but Memorial Day weekend more or less feels like the beginning of the season. Some of us are heading East for barbecues in Montauk and Amagansett, while others are taking advantage of the long weekend by jetting off to more tropical locales. Regardless of your destination (or lack thereof), we’re inspired to celebrate the American holiday in style with nautical details. In more subdued shades like coral and sky blue, preppy marinière stripes, rope details, and flat espadrilles look more sailboat-chic than straight-up patriotic. Shop our favorite nautical pieces by Trademark, Illesteva, Kenzo, and more, below.
1. Adia Kibur faux pearl rope necklace, $80, available at shopbop.com
2. Illesteva Leonard round-frame acetate sunglasses, $280, available at net-a-porter.com
3. Trademark Carson shirt, $138, available at trade-mark.com
4. Soludos stripe sandals, $55, available at shopbop.com
5. Kenzo miniskirt, $510, available at thecorner.com
After losing track of the subzero temperatures and snow accumulation, all anyone can talk about is escaping to a far-flung, 90-degree locale. Prepare for some serious Instagram envy. Luckily, stores are beginning to stock all of our favorite Spring ’14 goods, including a vast array of vacation-ready botanical prints. Splashy florals and ultra-saturated hues will no doubt snap you out of the winter blues. And rest assured: These wares will look just as good for a night out in the city as they will in some warm weather getaway. Shop our favorite tropical prints by Reed Krakoff, Peter Pilotto, Illesteva, and more, below.
1. Illesteva Leonard round-frame acetate mirrored sunglasses, $180, available at net-a-porter.com
2. Reed Krakoff Atlantique mini flora-print leather tote, $1,690, available at net-a-porter.com
3. NARS lipstick in Heat Wave, $26, available at sephora.com
4. J.Crew Falsetto printed leather pumps in brilliant purple, $278, available at jcrew.com
5. Peter Pilotto Kristen printed textured cotton-blend dress, $2,055, available at net-a-porter.com
“Not many retailers are willing to disrupt their business,” said Nordstrom’s director of creative projects, Olivia Kim. “But Nordstrom is, and to me, that’s what makes this job so fun and exciting.”
Kim, the former VP of creative at Opening Ceremony, has now graduated to her second full-fledged pop-in installation at the behemoth department store, where she injects equal parts cuteness, quirk, and novelty. Aptly titled 4U: Brite Lites_Gift City, the pop-in, as Kim put it, is “Santa’s Workshop for the twenty-second century.”
“I wanted the design to be cold, austere, and metallic, but referential to holiday,” she said. To help bring her vision to life, Kim solicited the help of her dear friend Rafael de Cárdenas of Rafael de Cárdenas Ltd. / Architecture at Large. “He and I have this incredibly in-tune sense of environment,” she proclaimed. It’s a creative partnership that goes back to her time in New York.
As for the concept behind the staggering high-low product selection, Kim considered, “What do you get someone who has everything?” She wanted to offer those hard-to-find discoveries—and she’s succeeded. The democratically priced range of gifts includes Keith Haring skis by Bomber Ski, charity RxArt’s collaborative gifts designed by notable artists like Ryan McGinley, Vanessa Arizaga jewelry, tomes from Abrams Books, Illesteva eyewear, black-out Bamford Rolexes, Chinti and Parker knits, and much more.
Brite Lites_Gift City is the next step in an overarching plan for Nordstrom, where Kim has worked since early 2013. She aims to educate, engage, and inspire Nordstrom’s large customer base by introducing plenty of buzz-worthy merchandise. “I want to be able to create something sexy, and I want people to get excited about shopping again,” she explained.
But are customers responding in kind? “Yes,” Kim confirmed with confidence. “It’s exciting for us as a brand to be able to say we’ve got a customer who is interested in niche products and young designers. I’m here to take risks. I’m here to push something new and adventurous in front of the company, and in front of our customers.”
4U: Brite Lites_Gift City will be open at twelve Nordstrom locations nationwide beginning November 15. Merchandise will also be available online at www.nordstrom.com.