16 posts tagged "J. Crew"
If your Thanksgiving plans include flying, driving, cooking, sipping, and perhaps even some party-hopping, putting together a decent outfit might feel daunting. But while the holidays are certainly a time to relax and indulge, you needn’t sacrifice style in favor of sloppy sweats. Instead, choose cozy separates—such as knit leggings, fuzzy sweaters, and flat booties—for a look that’s pulled-together yet comfortable. You’ll feel perfectly chic for the big feast, but we must warn you: Grabbing seconds (or thirds) will be almost too easy. Shop these holiday-ready pieces by Fendi, Miu Miu, and more, below.
1. J.Crew cashmere infinity scarf, $258, available at jcrew.com.
2. Club Monaco Sienna angora hat, $69.50, available at www.clubmonaco.com.
3. Donna Karan stretch-knit cashmere leggings, $550, available at net-a-porter.com.
4. Fendi angora-and-wool-blend sweater, $2,200, available atnet-a-porter.com.
5. Miu Miu leopard-print calf-hair ankle boots, $990, available at net-a-porter.com.
Like other blockbuster brands, such as Starbucks, Zara, and Rolls-Royce, J.Crew has never, in its thirty-year existence, run a T.V. commercial—until now. In all fairness, the family holiday-themed ad is done in collaboration with MasterCard, but, with her geometric specs, one of the wee members of the J.Crew-clad clan looks suspiciously similar to creative director Jenna Lyons. We wonder if the clip will inspire viewers to make the same connection (or, for that matter, a purchase).
Nothing glams up an outfit like a little crystal. We saw plenty of bejeweled looks during the Spring ’14 shows—at Prada, for instance, sporty dresses and sandals were studded with candy-colored stones, and Tom Ford whipped up minidresses and jumpsuits with flashy mosaics. For Fall, however, designers focused on simple, clear stones to add a hint of glimmer. A scattering of sparkle is just the thing to add a touch of opulence to your Fall wardrobe, but we wouldn’t stop you from piling it on, either. Shop our favorite crystalized pieces from Valentino, Miu Miu, and more, below.
1. Tory Burch Vesper bead-embellished woven silk top, $395, available at net-a-porter.com
2. Valentino Glam Lock crystal-embellished leather shoulder bag, $3,455, available at net-a-porter.com
3. Biyan Nabila embellished satin twill skirt, $940, available at net-a-porter.com
4. J.Crew jeweled cuff, $125, available at jcrew.com
5. Miu Miu crystal-embellished suede pumps, $990, available at net-a-porter.com
We love a fresh trend, but as soon as the leaves start to turn, we’re instantly inspired to wear our classic fall staples. Think cozy cable knits, boyish plaids, riding boots, peacoats, and rich autumnal colors. It all feels just right for a rustic cabin weekend, complete with apple picking and cocoa sipping. But even if that all-American getaway isn’t on your calendar, a traditional fall wardrobe (with a few updates, of course) is still the perfect way to get into the spirit of the season. Shop our favorite preppy classics from Marc Jacobs, Gucci, J.Crew, and more, below.
1. Marc Jacobs cable-knit wool sweater, $695, available at netaporter.com
2. J.Crew wool plaid scarf, $59.50, available at jcrew.com
3. Gucci leather-trimmed cotton-blend riding pants, $895, available at netaporter.com
4. Marni leather knee boots, $1,240, available at netaporter.com
5. Chloé Marcie mini leather shoulder bag, $775, available at netaporter.com
All roads lead to prints for Spring ’14, but the fall season is all about luxury. Our tip for a rich yet modern update? Take a cue from seventeenth-century Europe, where crushed velvet, gold beadwork, shimmering brocades, and moody hues reigned. Wear head-to-toe embellishments for a regal approach à la Marie Antoinette, or go the modern route and pair a luxe jeweled top with your favorite jeans. Shop our favorite baroque pieces by Alexander McQueen, Balmain, and more, below.
1. Reece Hudson bondage minaudière, $1,295, available at www.barneys.com
2. Oscar de la Renta gold-plated crystal clip earrings, $465, available at www.net-a-porter.com
3. J.Crew Jemima embellished merino wool top, $995, available at www.net-a-porter.com
4. Alexander McQueen embroidered velvet pumps, $995, available at www.net-a-porter.com
5. Balmain metallic jacquard pants, $2,910, available at www.net-a-porter.com