30 posts tagged "J. Crew"
Ever since Karl Lagerfeld sent models down a Dallas runway in miles of fringe, cowboy boots, and blanket-striped ponchos for Chanel’s Métiers d’Arts show, there’s been a collective shift toward Western style. But you don’t have to live in Texas or own a Palomino to pull it off. Fashion houses like Valentino and Saint Laurent are giving fringe a chic, citified appeal. In earthy hues like ecru, black, and burnt sienna, fringe is perfect for the workweek ahead and your weekend trip upstate—it’s as easy as swapping your pumps for desert boots. Shop our favorite fringe pieces by J.Crew, Tamara Mellon, and more, below.
1. Tamara Mellon fringed suede pencil skirt, $895, available at net-a-porter.com
2. Samuji ecru white rooibos crop top, $400, available at avenue32.com
3. J.Crew chain tassel earrings, $58, available at jcrew.com
4. Saint Laurent fringe small bucket bag, $2,150, available at barneys.com
5. Valentino C-Rockee fringed leather sandals, $1,095, available at mytheresa.com
While scrolling through our latest crop of Tommy Ton street-style photos, we found a range of new trends to try, from minimalist suits to basketball shorts to our current favorite look: hyper-vivid color combinations. We saw clashing patterns, three shades of neon, and interesting new fabrics—and that was all on one outfit. It’s inspiring us to think outside the black-and-white box and incorporate a few more pops of color into our wardrobes. Even one pair of standout shoes gives your go-to jeans a playful lift. Or do as the editors do and wear the entire Roy G. Biv spectrum. Either way, our approach to summer dressing just got a whole lot livelier. Shop our favorite rainbow-bright pieces by Carven, Michael Kors, and more, below.
1. Michael Kors stretch-cotton poplin skirt, $695, available at net-a-porter.com
2. Charlotte Olympia Neon Sign Girls clutch, $1,495, available at nordstrom.com
3. Illesteva Leonard tortoise sunglasses with blue-mirrored lenses, $177, available at editorialist.com
4. Carven green suede bow strap ballerinas, $212, available at avenue32.com
5. J.Crew gemstone floral printed silk top, $120, available at net-a-porter.com
We’re expecting an extra-hot and humid New York summer, so there’s no time like the present to get a few vacations on the books. What are we packing for the July 4th holiday? A whole lot of tie-dye, one of our favorite trends this season. When done in watery blue hues, the laid-back print makes us feel cooler already. From elevated T-shirts to statement sandals, the trend practically demands a beachy locale, and we’re happy to oblige. Shop our favorite pieces by Madewell, J.Crew, Proenza Schouler, and more, below.
1. Proenza Schouler tie-dye cotton-jersey T-shirt, $280, available at barneys.com
2. Anya Hindmarch Nevis printed satin and leather tote, $495, available at net-a-porter.com
3. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, $26, available at sephora.com
4. Madewell tie-dye string bikini bottom, $35, available at madewell.com
5. J.Crew Leila tie-dye ankle-wrap sandals, $148, available at jcrew.com
After having seen Alexander Wang’s Resort ’15 collection this week, I’ve been searching for sporty, tie-dyed pieces to add into my wardrobe. I’m not cool enough to pull the sneaker look together to attend fashion shows, but the slip-on is my shoe of choice when strolling around the city with my kids. This tie-dye pair is sold exclusively at J.Crew and screams summer to me.
Vans for J.Crew slip-on shoes, $60, Buy it now
The Resort ’15 season is in full swing, and we’re already getting a sense of the top trends. From crisp shirting to eye-catching bomber jackets, our must-have list is steadily growing. Dior has been one of our favorite collections thus far. Raf Simons teamed Parisian chic with American practicality, structure with fluidity, and, most strikingly of all, florals with stripes. The clashing patterns looked fresh on otherwise spare silhouettes. Shop our favorite striped and floral pieces by Whit, J.Crew, Sophia Webster, and more, below.
1. Sunday Somewhere Soelae sunglasses, $240, available at shopbop.com
2. J.Crew Collection photo floral mirror pencil skirt, $228, available at jcrew.com
3. ASOS Dune statement clutch with chain strap, $162, available at asos.com
4. Sophia Webster Yaya sandals, $432, available at farfetch.com
5. Whit striped top, $288, available at madewell.com