28 posts tagged "J. Crew"
The Fall ’14 Ready-to-Wear collections are under way in New York, and will be followed by the shows in London, Milan, and Paris. Before the new clothes hit the runway, we’ve asked some of the most anticipated names to offer a sneak peek. Per usual, it’s a busy time for all—designers and fashion followers alike—so we’re continuing our split-second previews: tweet-length at 140 characters or less. Our entire collection of Fall ’14 previews is available here.
WHO: J.Crew, designed by Tom Mora
WHERE: New York
WHEN: Tuesday, February 11
WHAT: “We approached Fall with the cabarets of 1920s/30s Weimar period in Berlin in mind. Lush styling, minimal layering, and rich, deep colors.”—Tom Mora. The designer sent us a Fall ’14 inspiration image, above.
Season three of Girls debuts on HBO on January 12, and the marathon of hype, frenzy, and promotion is well under way. Girls‘ latest trailer, which was released this weekend, treats us to a cameo from none other than Jenna Lyons. The J. Crew president and creative director has apparently snagged a role as Lena Dunham’s snarky, impeccably dressed boss. Funnily enough, Lyons follows in the footsteps of J.Crew CEO Mickey Drexler, who made a guest appearance on Breaking Bad in August. Looks like TV stardom is just part of J.Crew’s corporate culture.
If your Thanksgiving plans include flying, driving, cooking, sipping, and perhaps even some party-hopping, putting together a decent outfit might feel daunting. But while the holidays are certainly a time to relax and indulge, you needn’t sacrifice style in favor of sloppy sweats. Instead, choose cozy separates—such as knit leggings, fuzzy sweaters, and flat booties—for a look that’s pulled-together yet comfortable. You’ll feel perfectly chic for the big feast, but we must warn you: Grabbing seconds (or thirds) will be almost too easy. Shop these holiday-ready pieces by Fendi, Miu Miu, and more, below.
1. J.Crew cashmere infinity scarf, $258, available at jcrew.com.
2. Club Monaco Sienna angora hat, $69.50, available at www.clubmonaco.com.
3. Donna Karan stretch-knit cashmere leggings, $550, available at net-a-porter.com.
4. Fendi angora-and-wool-blend sweater, $2,200, available atnet-a-porter.com.
5. Miu Miu leopard-print calf-hair ankle boots, $990, available at net-a-porter.com.
Like other blockbuster brands, such as Starbucks, Zara, and Rolls-Royce, J.Crew has never, in its thirty-year existence, run a T.V. commercial—until now. In all fairness, the family holiday-themed ad is done in collaboration with MasterCard, but, with her geometric specs, one of the wee members of the J.Crew-clad clan looks suspiciously similar to creative director Jenna Lyons. We wonder if the clip will inspire viewers to make the same connection (or, for that matter, a purchase).
Nothing glams up an outfit like a little crystal. We saw plenty of bejeweled looks during the Spring ’14 shows—at Prada, for instance, sporty dresses and sandals were studded with candy-colored stones, and Tom Ford whipped up minidresses and jumpsuits with flashy mosaics. For Fall, however, designers focused on simple, clear stones to add a hint of glimmer. A scattering of sparkle is just the thing to add a touch of opulence to your Fall wardrobe, but we wouldn’t stop you from piling it on, either. Shop our favorite crystalized pieces from Valentino, Miu Miu, and more, below.
1. Tory Burch Vesper bead-embellished woven silk top, $395, available at net-a-porter.com
2. Valentino Glam Lock crystal-embellished leather shoulder bag, $3,455, available at net-a-porter.com
3. Biyan Nabila embellished satin twill skirt, $940, available at net-a-porter.com
4. J.Crew jeweled cuff, $125, available at jcrew.com
5. Miu Miu crystal-embellished suede pumps, $990, available at net-a-porter.com