36 posts tagged "Jimmy Choo"
After three seasons of collaborating with Katie Grand on capsule collections, Hogan has changed things up. Simon Holloway has been hired away from Jimmy Choo to design not just the shoes and bags that are the core of the Diego Della Valle-owned brand, but also a full line of ready-to-wear. Leather, naturally, was the core of the offering. Holloway had a good-looking oversize biker jacket and a cashmere fur chubby that keyed into one of the season’s big trends. But maybe his best idea was to tap his pal, the artist Julie Verhoeven, to design clever prints. The only thing happening more than shaggy fur for Fall—at least in Milan—might just be whimsical prints. Verhoeven followed Holloway’s lead, sketching mechanic’s tools and a greasy handprint motif for floaty chiffon dresses that evoked vintage Ossie Clark. So, will artist collaborations become a signature of the new Hogan? Holloway demurred. “I don’t have enough artist friends.” But here’s something you should expect: Hogan runway shows, maybe as soon as September.
Baby, what’s your sign? Even if you aren’t an astrology junkie, we can all agree that star-and-moon motifs have a universal appeal this season. Maybe it began with the fuzzy Saint Laurent cardigan from Fall ’13, which turned up on off-duty models and actresses alike, or perhaps it was Gravity, the blockbuster film set in the stunning Milky Way Galaxy. Slip on a pair of star-studded heels for a ladylike take on the trend, or opt for a glint-y clutch for a night on the town. However, if you’re into horoscopes, you can always just wear a zodiac charm and let destiny take care of the rest. Shop our favorite cosmos-inspired pieces by Khai Khai, Jimmy Choo, and more, below.
1. Khai Khai diamond moon and star earrings in 18-karat rose gold, $1,225, available at bloomingdales.com.
2. Chinti and Parker moon intarsia cashmere sweater, $327, available at
3. Jimmy Choo The Candy printed acrylic clutch, $995, available at net-a-porter.com.
4. Kate Spade New York Lela pump, $328, available at piperlime.com.
5. Brooke Gregson Aquarius 14-karat-gold diamond necklace, $2,970, available at net-a-porter.com.
Holding strong since Spring ’12 (and going even stronger for Resort and Spring ’14), geometric shapes and patterns have remained a wardrobe necessity. Designers have managed to take a different angle with this graphic trend each season, giving the consumer a sure way to stand out. Let a single piece do the talking, or pair up different patterns to create an eye-catching tangle of geometry. Let your inner Mathlete out with Givenchy, Jimmy Choo, and more, below.
1. Stella Jean print skirt, $338, available at farfetch.com.
2. Jimmy Choo Sweetie mirrored clutch, $975, available at mytheresa.com.
3. Givenchy blue Gio Ponti-print sweatshirt, $1,055, available at net-a-porter.com.
4. Bottega Veneta Intrecciato silver hoop earrings, $450, available at net-a-porter.com.
5. Fendi tri-tone metallic leather pumps, $990, available at net-a-porter.com.
Unlike nautical stripes, island prints, and other on-trend patterns, plaid is associated with a wide range of moods, people, and periods in time. There’s the stiff school uniform we begrudgingly wore throughout our childhood; the “hipster” flannel button-downs lining the shelves at Urban Outfitters; the patchwork madras shorts popular in beach towns out East; and even the old-world tartans of Scottish clansmen. However, as of late, our favorite iteration has been distinctly punk. Marked by slouchy sweaters, second-skin leggings, and clashing hues, this new plaid is intentionally at odds with its preppy past, calling to mind seventies-era Vivienne Westwood and the Met’s Punk: Chaos to Couture exhibition. Worn with spikes, studs, and plenty of black leather, it feels more than appropriate for the upcoming transition into fall. Shop our favorite plaid wares from Marc by Marc Jacobs, McQ, and more, below.
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Aimee trompe l’oeil plaid merino-wool sweater, $280, available at net-a-porter.com.
2. McQ Alexander McQueen tartan-print leggings, $345, available at shopbop.com.
3. Karen Walker Number One sunglasses, $250, available at shopbop.com.
4. Jimmy Choo Wheel studded suede slippers, $750, available at net-a-porter.com.
5. 3.1 Phillip Lim 31 Hour bag, $750, available at shopbop.com.