10 posts tagged "Johnny Depp"
Her own book isn’t the only thing Kate Moss is covering in November. The new issue of Vanity Fair is out today, with a cover shoot (by Mert and Marcus) and story (by James Fox) about the model. In the interest of getting a jump on the chatter, here are the five key things to know now, from the mouth of the lady herself.
• Her “Wanton Past,” Sort of: “On my wedding day, I’m like freaking out, obviously. ‘You’ve got to give me a character.’ And [John Galliano] said, ‘You have a secret—you are the last of the English roses. Hide under that veil. When he lifts it, he’s going to see your wanton past!’”
• Her Not-So-Wanton Past—on the Famous Marky Mark Herb Ritts Calvin Klein Underwear Photos: “It didn’t feel like me at all. I felt really bad about straddling this buff guy.”
• The Johnny Depp Revelation: “There’s nobody that’s ever really been able to take care of me. Johnny did for a bit. I believed what he said. Like if I said, ‘What do I do?,’ he’d tell me.”
• On Modesty—and the Famous Corinne Day Photos That Launched her Career: “There’s a lot of boobs. I hated my boobs! Because I was flat-chested. And I had a big mole on one. That picture of me running down the beach—I’ll never forget doing that, because I made the hairdresser, who was the only man on the shoot, turn his back.”
• On Immodesty—and the Pursuit of a Good Time: “People that don’t know me get Mossed. It means, I was gonna go home, but then I just got led astray. In the best possible way, of course. I mean, it’s always fun, and a good time.” Her friend Jess Hallett counters, “It can be a nightmare if you’re the only one there. ‘Please can we go home?’ ‘No.’” On one such night in South Africa, “I remember phoning downstairs,” says Hallett, “and saying, ‘Can we have an alarm call for 7 a.m., please?’ They said, ‘That’s in five minutes, madam.’”
Check back tomorrow to watch our complete live coverage. Photos from throughout the night, here.
WOMENSWEAR DESIGNER OF THE YEAR
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen for The Row
MENSWEAR DESIGNER OF THE YEAR
ACCESSORY DESIGNER OF THE YEAR
SWAROVSKI AWARD FOR WOMENSWEAR
Joseph Altuzarra (pictured)
SWAROVSKI AWARD FOR MENSWEAR
SWAROVSKI AWARD FOR ACCESSORY DESIGN
GEOFFREY BEENE LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
Rei Kawakubo for Comme des Garçons
Scott Schuman and Garance Doré
FASHION ICON AWARD
The Olympic Torch Tops Design Of The Year List, Beyoncé The Beautiful, Jack White’s First Feature Film Score, And More…
What topped the list for the Design Museum’s Design of the Year? The Olympic torch not only beat out Kate Middleton’s Royal Wedding dress but also the Met’s McQueen exhibition. “Nothing is harder to get right than designing for the Olympics,” Design Museum director Deyan Sudjic tells Reuters. “The lightness and simplicity of Barber Osgerby’s Olympic Torch does just that.” [Vogue U.K.]
Beyoncé has been named the world’s most beautiful woman in 2012 by People magazine. The pop star says, “I feel more beautiful than I’ve ever felt because I’ve given birth. I have never felt so connected, never felt like I had such a purpose on this earth.” [People]
Jack White has snagged his first-ever feature film score, for Disney’s upcoming film The Lone Ranger, starring Style.com beauty icon Johnny Depp. Reportedly, adaption of the 1950′s television show will include a “fresh take on the ‘William Tell Overture.’ ” [Spin]
Maria Shriver is set to present photographer Annie Leibovitz with the 7th Annual MOCA Award to Distinguished Women in the Arts on Tuesday. Also on the program for the awards luncheon—an Akris Fall fashion show. [The Hollywood Reporter]
Over the weekend, the likes of Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, and Miranda Kerr turned out to Stella McCartney’s L.A. store for the debut of Sir Paul McCartney‘s new self-directed video, My Valentine. The black-and-white film, with cinematography by Oscar winner Wally Pfister, stars Johnny Depp and Natalie Portman (who also made an appearance in McCartney’s video for the song “Dance Tonight” in 2007). There are three very similar versions of the video, one with just Portman, one with just Depp, and one (below) with both of them. Here, watch My Valentine.