18 posts tagged "Lisa Marie Fernandez"
Between Chloé’s surfboard-ankle-strap sandals, M Missoni‘s ode to Venice Beach, and the aquatic-inspired athletic wear at Hervé Léger, surfing was certainly the sport of choice at the recent Resort ’14 presentations. If you’re planning on catching some waves this summer, why not do so in style? Shop our chic yet practical surfing picks from Lisa Marie Fernandez, Chanel, Missoni, and more, below.
1. Missoni towel, $230, available at www.net-a-porter.com
2. Lichtenstein water bottle, $28, available exclusively at www.barneys.com
3. Chanel surfboard, price upon request, available at www.chanel.com
4. Lisa Marie Fernandez swimsuit, $430, available at www.net-a-porter.com
5. Ray-Ban Wayfarer, $155, available at www.ray-ban.com
Swimwear designer Lisa Marie Fernandez has had a love affair with Bali for 13 years, so to kick off 2013 she headed to the island for a little tropical R&R. Between swimming, sunbathing, and whitewater rafting, Fernandez documented her vacation in paradise. Below, she shares her images with Style.com.
I first visited Bali 13 years ago, and it was love at first sight. Every August, for a month, I would spend my holiday in Indonesia on the Hindu island. It has a magical energy. I wanted to begin 2013 with a group of close friends in a place that I loved. I began my stay at Villa Bella, my close friend Jane Corser’s home in Banjar Kuwum—a charming traditional village not too far from Seminyak in southern Bali. The town has great cafés, fantastic shopping, and bars if you fancy some trouble, but we mostly ate delicious Indonesian dinners at home with friends. We spent days on the beaches of the Bukit Peninsula. Eventually, we moved up north to Ubud, to the Como Shambhala Estate at Begawan Giri. Located on the Ayung River, there are five private residences nestled into the terrain, including the Tirta Ening Estate, where we stayed. One of my most memorable days was whitewater rafting on the Ayung through the mountains. There is no other place like Ubud on earth. This is truly heaven.
The most beautiful retreat in the world: Como Shambhala Estate at Begawan Giri. I stayed in the Tirta Ening Estate, which means “clear water.”
One night, fashion photographer Terry Tsiolis posed a group of my friends in the marble bathtub at Como Shambhala for a quick fashion shoot. Everyone wore my collection.
The Ayung River in Ubud.
If you’ve been following the holiday countdown, you’ve realized that Christmas is but a week away, and New Year’s isn’t far behind. While some of us will unwind with staycations, others are spending the holiday in faraway places—places where the sun is shining and you can’t see your breath when you walk outside. If you’re lucky enough to be headed for the beach, warm weather wares are a must. Trade in that sweater for a bathing suit, swap your snow boots for sandals, and shop our picks from Lisa Marie Fernandez, Pierre Hardy, Proenza Schouler, and more below. And for even more holiday travel essentials, take a peek at Marina Larroude’s Shopping Guide.
1. Lisa Marie Fernandez bikini, $438, available at www.matchesfashion.com
2. Proenza Schouler T-shirt, $245, available at www.netaporter.com
3. Current/Elliott shorts, $178, available at www.forwardforward.com
4. Tom Binns earrings, $300, available at www.kirnazabete.com
5. Pierre Hardy wedges, $675, available at www.netaporter.com
To view more looks, click here.
It’s hard to believe that the end of the summer is just around the corner. But there is still time to get in a few last-minute beach getaways before putting all of your warm-weather clothes in storage. And what’s a better way to celebrate your last few days at the beach than wearing a brand-new bathing suit? From Agent Provocateur’s cutout creation to Zimmermann’s perfect floral bikini, see our picks to ride out the last waves of summer in style.
1. Madewell telegraph stripe string bikini top, $34.99, and bottom, $34.99, www.madewell.com
2. Michael Kors color-block scuba swimsuit, $327, similar styles available at www.bergdorfgoodman.com
3. Agent Provocateur Mazzy swimsuit, $450, www.agentprovocateur.com
4. Mara Hoffman Inca printed bikini, $215, www.saksfifthavenue.com
5. Zimmermann floral-print bikini, $225, www.net-a-porter.com
6. Lisa Marie Fernandez + Peter Pilotto Leigh swimsuit, $190, www.matchesfashion.com
To view more looks, click here.