10 posts tagged "Madewell"
We’re expecting an extra-hot and humid New York summer, so there’s no time like the present to get a few vacations on the books. What are we packing for the July 4th holiday? A whole lot of tie-dye, one of our favorite trends this season. When done in watery blue hues, the laid-back print makes us feel cooler already. From elevated T-shirts to statement sandals, the trend practically demands a beachy locale, and we’re happy to oblige. Shop our favorite pieces by Madewell, J.Crew, Proenza Schouler, and more, below.
1. Proenza Schouler tie-dye cotton-jersey T-shirt, $280, available at barneys.com
2. Anya Hindmarch Nevis printed satin and leather tote, $495, available at net-a-porter.com
3. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, $26, available at sephora.com
4. Madewell tie-dye string bikini bottom, $35, available at madewell.com
5. J.Crew Leila tie-dye ankle-wrap sandals, $148, available at jcrew.com
Though we’re hesitant to use the word “normcore,” our summer shopping list consists of pure, easy basics. Think straight-leg white jeans, crisp popover shirts, and the perfect flat sandal. Simplicity is the move. However, we’re also the first to admit that summer presents an opportunity to have fun with your wardrobe—who can say no to the bold colors, lush prints, and embellished bags to accent those sleek warm weather wares? Everyone needs balance in their lives, so for simple basics with a little something extra, we’re inspired by girly, retro eyelet styles. From a navy broderie skirt to a must-have laser-cut bag, the sweet design is a fun and youthful departure from the expected. Shop our favorite eyelet pieces by Alaia, MICHAEL Michael Kors, Madewell, and more, below.
1. MICHAEL Michael Kors eyelet-cotton top, $100, available at net-a-porter.com
2. Madewell oversized Hepcat shades, $55, available at madewell.com
3. Alexander McQueen bonded laser-cut cotton skirt, $4,088, available at matchesfashion.com
4. Tabitha Simmons floral Leticia sandal, $695, available at editorialist.com
5. Alaïa New Vienne laser-cut leather bucket bag, $1,365, available at matchesfashion.com
My mind is in vacation mode—all I want to think about is summer days at the beach. For my seaside getaways, I like my outfits to be as simple as can be, and oversize cotton pieces are a must. Madewell’s white poncho dress will be in my suitcase for my next trip. Its graphic details make it city-appropriate as well, for those hot days in June. At the moment, summer seems but a dream, but as someone who likes to plan ahead, I’ll be ordering Madewell’s frock this week.
Madewell poncho dress, $138, Buy it now
It’s hard to believe that the end of the summer is just around the corner. But there is still time to get in a few last-minute beach getaways before putting all of your warm-weather clothes in storage. And what’s a better way to celebrate your last few days at the beach than wearing a brand-new bathing suit? From Agent Provocateur’s cutout creation to Zimmermann’s perfect floral bikini, see our picks to ride out the last waves of summer in style.
1. Madewell telegraph stripe string bikini top, $34.99, and bottom, $34.99, www.madewell.com
2. Michael Kors color-block scuba swimsuit, $327, similar styles available at www.bergdorfgoodman.com
3. Agent Provocateur Mazzy swimsuit, $450, www.agentprovocateur.com
4. Mara Hoffman Inca printed bikini, $215, www.saksfifthavenue.com
5. Zimmermann floral-print bikini, $225, www.net-a-porter.com
6. Lisa Marie Fernandez + Peter Pilotto Leigh swimsuit, $190, www.matchesfashion.com
To view more looks, click here.