7 posts tagged "Maje"
Though most of us now consider leopard print a “neutral,” it still manages to pack a punch season after season. This fall, our jungle cat motif is of the snow leopard variety. Whether stamped on preppy loafers or scattered across flippy skirts, these black and white spots feel fresh, graphic, and even a little wild. Shop our favorite snow leopard pieces by Maje, Saint Laurent, and more, below.
1. Stella McCartney leopard-print acetate sunglasses, $158, available at matchesfashion.com.
2. Maje Dindi leopard-print cotton shirt, $260, available at net-a-porter.com.
3. MSGM leopard-print A-line skirt, $398, available at matchesfashion.com.
4. Tod’s calf-hair slipper-style loafers, $656, available at mytheresa.com.
5. Saint Laurent Betty medium chain bag, $1,990, available at net-a-porter.com.
Summer is officially over. Gone are the days when you could leave the house sans jacket. On the bright side, we have our eyes on several chic coats that would look great tossed over any fall outfit. The story this season is mixed materials, from leather to wool to shearling, on classic silhouettes. We’ve rounded up a few of our favorites from Alexander Wang, Helmut Lang, Acne, and more.
1. Maje coat, $860, available at www.netaporter.com
2. Alexander Wang jacket, $2,750, available at www.alexanderwang.com
3. Helmut Lang coat, $1,306, available at www.mywardrobe.com
4. Acne coat, $2,900, available at www.lagarconne.com
Stella McCartney may be to blame for the resurgence of cobalt blue as one of the key colors for fall. Whether it be a sleek pair of Joseph trousers, the everlasting Proenza Schouler PS1 It bag, or even YSL’s mascara (remember those spider lashes at Stella’s Fall show?), cobalt blue is key to freshening up your wardrobe and your beauty look this season. Here, we’ve rounded up a few of our favorites.
1. Stella McCartney sweater, $970, available at www.net-a-porter.com
2. Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils Waterproof mascara, $30, available at www.neimanmarcus.com
3. Joseph pants, $335, available at www.stylebop.com
4. Proenza Schouler PS1, $3,250, available at www.barneys.com
5. Westward Leaning sunglasses, $165, available at www.westwardleaning.com
6. Maje jacquard skirt, $280, available at www.net-a-porter.com
To view more looks, click here.
Alexa Chung’s status as an It girl just went up even more. The French contemporary brand Maje has tapped the Brit as the face of its Fall Glen Luchford-lensed black-and-white advertising campaign. Chung was photographed sixties-style, in the early morning at the Porte des Lilas Métro stop in Paris. [WWD]
Are redheads the new cult phenomenon (again)? In the modeling industry, some might say yes. Disney Pixar’s new animated film Brave, featuring main character Princess Merida and her long fiery locks, has sparked a second coming of appreciation for red-haired models Karen Elson, Lily Cole, and more. [Modelinia]
Tory Burch is going even more digital. The designer is set to unveil the redesign of her Tory Blog, a first since its launch in 2009. She will also introduce the first Tory Daily iPad and iPhone app, which are aimed at integrating commerce and content—both apps will be updated daily and feature perks for fans that include free shipping and access to exclusive events. [WWD]
Girls star Lena Dunham says she doesn’t read reviews of her show, but that tweets are more her thing. “I love seeing the real-time reactions of people who aren’t critics, who are just experiencing the show at home,” says Dunham. Note to those tweeters: Keep them coming. Dunham says that fans’ tweets can sometimes influence the show’s direction. [Page Six]