9 posts tagged "Markus Lupfer"
Happy National Cat Day! When it comes to domestic pets, kittens are clearly the fashion set’s best friends. For proof, look no further than Choupette Lagerfeld (who starred on her first German Vogue cover this summer and currently has over 34,000 Twitter followers) and the annual United Bamboo cat calendar. To boot, brands including Markus Lupfer, Miu Miu, and Vivienne Westwood expressed their feline appreciation for Spring ’14 by featuring novelty puss prints on shifts, coats, and sweatshirts, respectively. Warning: These pieces may cause a cute attack.
From bedazzled ear cuffs to oversize bib necklaces, statement jewelry—in its many iterations—never seems to go out of style. Colorful crystals look up-to-the-minute cool, whether worn with your evening look, paired with the simplest jeans and tees, or embroidered on a basic sweater. Add a candy-colored pop to your wardrobe, and shop the season’s brightest embellishments from Markus Lupfer, Mawi, and Swarovski, below.
1. Shourouk Silver-Plated Swarovski Crystal cuff, $490, available at www.net-a-porter.com
2. Dannijo Indie necklace, $568, available at www.shopbop.com
3. Markus Lupfer embellished cotton-jersey sweatshirt, $395, available at www.net-a-porter.com
4. Mawi Double Glitter clutch, about $996, available at www.mawi.co.uk
5. Elizabeth Cole Strieker earrings, $228, available at www.shopbop.com
Markus Lupfer’s cheeky embroidered sweaters caught our eye long before Balenciaga’s cartoon sweatshirts and Kenzo’s logo tops made the street-style rounds. But it’s edge, not cheek, that’s on display in the new capsule collection the British designer has just created for ASOS Black. Case in point: leather minidresses, pencil skirts, and motorcycle jackets done in a shattered kaleidoscope print with intricate cutouts. A matching envelope clutch and platform booties round out the range, which caps off at $350. The collection launches this Monday, November 12 on Asos.com.
No matter the season, stripes are always on trend. Breton T-shirts and sailor stripe dresses have become warm-weather staples, but now designers like Markus Lupfer and Stella McCartney are offering fresh takes on the classic pattern. From sunglasses to smoking slippers, we’ve rounded up seven striped essentials to set your wardrobe back in line, just in time for summer.
1. Ralph Lauren sunglasses, $309, available at www.mytheresa.com.
2. Stella McCartney Falabella striped tote, $1,149, available at www.saksfifthavenue.com.
3. Band of Outsiders pocket-detailed jersey T-shirt, $235, available at www.net-a-porter.com.
4. Markus Lupfer Charlotte striped dress, $270, available at www.net-a-porter.com.
5. Lacoste Goa watch, $95, available at www.lacoste.com.
6. Citizens of Humanity Charlie super flare, $218, available at www.revolveclothing.com.
7. Charles Philip Shanghai St. Tropez smoking slipper, $135, available at www.bloomingdales.com.
To view more looks, click here.