88 posts tagged "Michael Kors"
Camouflage is oft associated with burly hunters or members of the armed forces, but after seeing the Fall ’13 collections, it’s become clear that the print is ripe for any occasion. Christopher Kane made our mouths water with his range of luxe camo wares, and thanks to designers like Michael Kors and Tabitha Simmons, the look has spiraled into a full-blown obsession. Don’t blend into the crowd—stand out with our picks from Proenza Schouler, Prism, and more, below.
1. Michael Kors camouflage jacquard and stretch crepe dress, $1,425, available at net-a-porter.com
2. Prism Capri sunglasses, $381, available at matchesfashion.com
3. Christopher Kane wool camo biker jacket, $5,441, available at matchesfashion.com
4. Tabitha Simmons Early camouflage-print suede ankle boots, $1,195, available at net-a-porter.com
5. Proenza Schouler PS11 classic satchel, $2,254, available at farfetch.com
While the red-carpet circuit began with a slow start over the weekend, the premieres and parties kicked into overdrive as the week continued. Thor: The Dark World‘s leading lady, Natalie Portman, was a vision in white at the film’s Berlin premiere on Sunday, walking the red carpet in a strapless Christian Dior haute couture gown with a full skirt accented with a black ribbon around the waist. On Tuesday evening, Diane Kruger also opted for a haute couture number, choosing a black sequined cocktail dress embroidered with florals from Chanel’s Haute Couture Spring ’13 runway at the brand’s Little Black Jacket event in Brazil.
As the premiere circuit continued into the week, Hailee Steinfeld donned a Saint Laurent ensemble straight from the Spring ’14 runway, pairing a white one-shoulder top covered in sequined red lips with tailored black pants at the Hollywood premiere of her film, Ender’s Game. The same evening, Kate Bosworth chose a black Christopher Kane gown accented with crystal flowers at the neckline and waist from the Spring ’14 collection for the New York premiere of her flick Big Sur. And Naomi Watts took to the red carpet at the New York premiere of Diana, in which she plays the title role, in a blue-and-white floor-grazing dress that was ruched at the waist below a keyhole cutout from Michael Kors’ Spring ’14 runway.
Some things in life really are black and white—like the style set’s color palette of choice. From Tommy Ton’s street-style snaps to the latest Spring ’14 runways, black and white remains a foolproof, timeless sartorial formula. At Balmain, Olivier Rousteing whipped up oversized black and white houndstooth checks and quilted jackets; J.W. Anderson played with whisper-thin gossamer; and Giambattista Valli sent out tiny crop tops and molded, flowerlike skirts. Since spring is a bit far off, we’re looking forward to making a graphic statement with cool-weather staples like slouchy knits and flat boots. Shop our favorite black and white pieces by Givenchy, Michael Kors, and more, below.
1. Thierry Lasry two-tone acetate cat-eye sunglasses, $485, available at www.net-a-porter.com
2. Neil Barrett color-block knitted sweater, $580, available at www.net-a-porter.com
3. Michael Kors Miranda large tote with quilted gusset, $1,295, available at www.shopbop.com
4. Givenchy black and white leather ankle boot, $1,650, available at www.net-a-porter.com
5. Neil Barrett Zigzag wool-blend miniskirt, $520, available at www.net-a-porter.com