3 posts tagged "Paul & Joe"
The Fall ’13 womenswear collections draw to a close this week in Paris. Prior to the last shows, we’ve asked some of the most anticipated names to offer a sneak peek. Naturally, it’s a busy time for everyone—designers and fashion watchers alike—so we’re continuing our split-second previews: tweet-length previews at 140 characters or less. To view all of our Fall ’13 previews, click here.
WHO: Paul & Joe, designed by Sophie Albou-Mechaly
WHEN: Tuesday, March 5
WHAT: “Parisian nonchalance. Easygoing & confident. Feminine elements—fur, brocade—& masculine items. Autumn palette w/ touches of gold. Real life!” — Sophie Albou-Mechaly. The designer sent us a look from her Fall ’13 collection, left.
Memorial Day weekend may be over (sigh), but we’re still seeing stars—in fashion, at least. Stars are shining bright on the offerings from some of the industry’s finest. From Eddie Borgo earrings to Current/Elliott cutoffs, we’ve found seven out-of-this-world pieces to buy now.
1. Sonia by Sonia Rykiel dress, $550, available at www.kirnazabete.com.
2. Paul & Joe bikini, $255, available at www.stylebop.com.
3. Equipment blouse, $459, available at www.farfetch.com.
4. Chinti & Parker sweater, $560, available at www.farfetch.com.
5. Miu Miu clutch, $1,250, available at www.net-a-porter.com.
6. Current/Elliott jean shorts, $185, available at www.net-a-porter.com.
7. Eddie Borgo earrings, $190, available at www.bergdorfgoodman.com.
To view more looks, click here.
“I Love America”—that’s the song Paul & Joe creative director Sophie Albou was singing for Spring 2012. Her American adoration came through in her latest collection in the form of jeans, fringed ponchos, and reworked army surplus looks. Style.com’s Tim Blanks went backstage at the Paul & Joe Paris show to find out more about the inspiration behind Albou’s American girl. Watch the video now.