23 posts tagged "Pierre Hardy"
Every day, Style.com’s editors reveal their current obsessions—and where to buy them. Check out today’s pick, below.
As a beauty editor, it’s fair to say that I know my way around a mascara wand. And it appears that Pierre Hardy recognizes the importance of a full set of fringe as well. These heels aren’t just eye-catching (sorry, couldn’t help myself), but they add interest to a classic LBD in seconds. I might be a brown-eyed girl, but I’d strut around in these lime-green peeper-motif calf-hair sandals any day of the week.
Pierre Hardy leather and suede sandals, $865, Buy it now
Minimalism is still the move this summer, but we’re happy to see designers getting a little more playful. Where’s the fun in wearing a crisp all-white ensemble if you can’t throw in a crazy clutch? Particularly one shaped like a turquoise eye. In fact, we’ve noted a lot of eye motifs lately, from Kenzo’s beloved Eye of Horus to cartoonish, graphic designs. A delicate necklace or pair of earrings can inject any outfit with some subtle surreal spirit, but the notion of wearing giant green eyes on our toes is almost too fun to pass up. Shop our favorite eye-spy pieces by Charlotte Olympia, Pierre Hardy, Jennifer Zeuner Jewelry, and more, below.
1. Kenzo embroidered cotton eye sweatshirt, $315, available at neimanmarcus.com
2. J Brand 8112 rail mid-rise skinny jeans, $218, available net-a-porter.com
3. Charlotte Olympia Eye Want You clutch in white, $1,995, available at forwardforward.com
4. Pierre Hardy suede, leather, and calf-hair sandals, $865, available at net-a-porter.com
5. Jennifer Zeuner Jewelry mini Priscilla lapis necklace, $220, available at jenniferzeuner.com
When it comes to denim dressing, Spring ’14 is all about the patch. If, like us, you still regret those unfortunate hippie-dippy patched-up flares from middle school, this probably doesn’t sound like your cup of tea. But the new (and improved) patchwork look is clean, sharply tailored, and, dare we say, pretty slick. Picture tricolor patchwork skinnies with a floaty blouse, or better yet, a quiet, matching denim jacket. To nail the trend with ease, stick to classic shades of blue and look for patterns that resemble large color-blocking rather than traditional DIY patches. It’s unclear whether we should credit Junya Watanabe’s Spring ’14 show or Midwestern farmers for the rise of this style, but one thing’s for sure: We like it. Shop our favorite new blues by Frame Denim, Isabel Marant Étoile, Pierre Hardy, and more, below.
1. Thierry Lasry Sexxxy sunglasses in navy, $435, available at shopbop.com
2. Frame Denim Le Skinny color block mid-rise skinny jeans, $270, available at net-a-porter.com
3. Isabel Marant Étoile Kerlen denim jacket, $535, available at matchesfashion.com
4. Zara denim ballerina flats, $59.90, available at zara.com
5. Pierre Hardy color blocked cotton denim clutch, $795, available at luisaviaroma.com
For the next five days, The Outnet is running a master sale in which some pieces are up to 85 percent off. What better excuse to indulge? I’m currently lusting over Balmain’s cashmere and cotton fuchsia top (remember, fuchsia is the color for Fall ’14); Victoria Beckham’s denim pants in a dark wash (at $57, how can I resist?); Christopher Kane’s modern LBD; Pierre Hardy’s two-tone sandals; and Roksanda Ilincic’s color-blocked dress. These items will definitely get my wardrobe ready for spring.
Balmain fuchsia top, $251; Victoria Beckham denim pants, $57; Christopher Kane wool crepe dress, $379; Pierre Hardy sandals, $168; and Roksanda Ilincic dress, $341. All available at TheOutnet.com.
Minimalism will always be chic in our book, but the Spring ’14 shows and Pre-Fall ’14 collections had a maximalist twist. Artsy patterns, tribal embellishments, over-the-top furs, and gleaming metallics made us want to kick our simpler ensembles to the curb. A particularly appealing trend was zigzag patterns – on sweatshirts, shoes, jewelry, you name it. It’s an easy way to incorporate a graphic print into your wardrobe without succumbing to blinding hues or clashing prints. Add a subtle edge to your look with a bold clutch or unconventional denim, or go all-out with multi-colored, eye-catching sandals. Shop our favorite zigzag pieces below from Sophia Webster, Pierre Hardy, Etre Cecile, and more, below.
1. Être Cécile “Galactica” jersey long-sleeve sweatshirt, $148.50, available at my-wardrobe.com
2. Pierre Hardy striped leather clutch, $1,695, available at net-a-porter.com
3. Étoile Isabel Marant “Nea” printed mid-rise boyfriend jeans, $340, available at net-a-porter.com
4. Jennifer Fisher “XL Pulse” ring, $220, available at otteny.com
5. Sophia Webster “Leilou” striped leather, suede, and canvas sandals, $595, available at net-a-porter.com