3 posts tagged "RED Valentino"
Fresh textures are a surefire way to reinvigorate your wardrobe. Our favorite tactile update of late? Appliquéd flowers—and lots of them. Go bold with a cashmere sweatshirt bursting with blooms, or take a subtle approach with a simple scattering of petals. Dark hues such as burgundy, indigo, and black are winter-ready—and they keep the look from feeling too precious. Shop our floral picks by Christopher Kane, Miu Miu, and more, below.
1. Fendi Jelly-Flower Appliqué Baguette, $2450, available at bergdorfgoodman.com.
2. Christopher Kane Floral Feather Appliqué Cashmere Sweater, $4,295, available at netaporter.com.
3. Miu Miu Necklace With Oversize Flower Embellishment, $895, available at mytheresa.com.
4. Red Valentino Flower Sequin Flat Loafers, $395, available at shopbop.com.
5. Gold Hawk Appliqué Floral Shorts, $507.65, available at farfetch.com.
Maybe it has something to do with Dior’s recent jaunt in Monaco , or the classic striated looks Chanel showed in Singapore, but we’ve been lusting for old school nautical glamour—not to mention a waterfront vacation—of late. With Dolce & Gabbana’s bold striped skirt and Tucker’s silk crepe de chine top, you don’t need to be lounging on the Riviera to look like you’re on holiday. Add a wide-brimmed sun hat, kitten heels, and a pair of cat-eye sunglasses to really play up the retro chic. Let your clothes transport you, and shop our picks from Lanvin, RED Valentino, and more, below.
1. Tucker top, $215, available at www.net-a-porter.com
2. Dolce & Gabbana skirt, $739, available at www.matchesfashion.com
3. Lanvin hat, $832, available at www.matchesfashion.com
4. Karen Walker sunglasses, $314, available at www.matchesfashion.com
5. Manolo Blahnik shoes, $775, available at www.neimanmarcus.com
6. RED Valentino bag, $895, available at www.saksfifthavenue.com
“I didn’t do much reading growing up, or movie watching,” confessed the southern-born Matthew McConaughey at yesterday evening’s Cinema Society screening of Mud. “We were not a media culture family. We were storytellers.” That’s something he has in common with his latest character: Mud, the star of Jeff Nichols’ new film of the same name. “He learned how the world works through nature—from the land, the water, the stars,” McConaughey told Style.com. “He’s not someone who got book-learned or schooled, so he’s remained incredibly innocent in his heart,” added the actor, who said that he went camping alone for a few days to prepare for the role.Mud is a gritty Southern yarn that, in addition to McConaughey, features the recently headline-making Reese Witherspoon as the love that got away, and Tye Sheridan and Jacob Lofland as young boys on a Twain-esque coming-of-age journey up the Mississippi. During the after-screening party at Harlow, Sarah Paulson, who plays a desperate houseboat-wife, divulged that she signed on to the film for one simple reason: “I didn’t have to wear makeup. Not a drop. And I thought, ‘It doesn’t matter how tired I look, because I’m playing such a tired mom!’” Maybe so, but Paulson, who starts shooting her next project—American Horror Story: Coven—in July, was definitely not in character last night. The actress admitted that getting to wear a girly RED Valentino dress to Mud‘s fête was a treat.