2 posts tagged "Sandro Kopp"
You could call Style.com’s Tumblr the eyes of the site: It’s where the editors upload what we’re seeing, where we’re seeing it, instantaneously—no filter. (OK, occasionally Instagram’s Amaro filter, but that’s it.) At year’s end, we’ve gone back through the rolls to find the biggest hits, month by month, of our postings: what’s been liked, reblogged, commented upon, and loved. The tops of every month, December back to January, above.
12. Lindsey Wixson backstage at Dior Couture, December: 643 notes
11. The Tsar’s Palace, St. Petersburg, Russia, November: 224 notes
10. Sade, Beauty Icon of the Month, October: 399 notes
9. Jewelry by Hervé Van Der Straeten, September: 175 notes
8. Karen Walker sunglasses, August: 214 notes
7. The mariée at Elie Saab Couture, July: 314 notes
6. A pink-haired attendee at Junya Watanabe’s Spring ’13 men’s show, June: 1,094 notes
5. A diamond collar by H.Stern, May: 3,140 notes
4. Collar clips by Bones and Feathers Collective, April: 111 notes
3. Alexander McQueen rose clutch, March: 295 notes
2. Jourdan Dunn getting a touch-up backstage at Prabal Gurung, February: 142 notes
1. Tilda Swinton, Frances McDormand, and Sandro Kopp, January: 33 notes
Opening Ceremony founders and Kenzo designers Humberto Leon and Carol Lim recouped from fashion week(s) as well as anyone we know—with a vacation to an experimental film festival in Thailand, co-curated by Tilda Swinton and attended by the likes of Swinton, Ryan McGinley, Chloë Sevigny, Waris Ahluwalia, and Haider Ackermann. Below, they sent back a few photos from their time in paradise.
Carol and I were ready for a tropical adventure after Paris fashion week. We had been invited to the debut of Film on the Rocks Yao Noi, an experimental film festival co-curated by Apichatpong Weerasethakul and Tilda Swinton along with a fun group of artists and friends like Ryan McGinley, Chloê Sevigny, and Tom Sachs. Chomwan and Nat, the organizers of the event, didn’t let us down with the immersive, fun (and educational!) program that they put together with the curators. The experience of watching a range of films at different venues in and around the Six Senses eco-resort on Yao Noi was an unbelievable journey. We never thought we’d be going to a film premiere on a floating raft in the middle of the ocean! Apart from Ole Scheeren’s jaw-dropping temporary cinema, we traveled to the jungle to see a one-time-only performance by Rirkrit Tiravanija and Arto Lindsay, went snorkeling where Leonardo DiCaprio filmed The Beach, and ate a lot of amazing Thai food! Continue Reading “Rocks Solid: Humberto Leon And Carol Lim’s Postcard From Thailand” »